’Ville Notice | December 14, 2020
ALERTS FOR MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENTS
Working During Winter Storms
With a winter storm in the forecast, Millersville University administration wants to remind all employees of the policy regarding closings as noted in Management Directive 530.17: Partial and Full-Day Closings of State Offices.
Please carefully review the information below to help you understand how office closings during inclement weather will be handled, particularly if you are teleworking under a temporary or permanent telework arrangement:
- Non-essential employees who are unable to telework and are physically reporting to work will be eligible for paid office closings, including delayed openings and early dismissals, when they are authorized, subject to the provisions of the policy noted above.
- Unless specifically directed otherwise by management, employees who are currently teleworking are expected to work from their alternate worksite during their regularly scheduled work shift, even if they are scheduled to physically report to their headquarters or another worksite on the day of the office closing.
- All employees who are authorized and equipped to telework under a temporary or permanent telework arrangement (including full-time and part-time telework arrangements) are expected to work, or use leave on the day of an office closing, unless otherwise authorized by Human Resources.
- Employees who telework are responsible for ensuring that all equipment and accessories needed to perform assigned duties are in their possession if inclement weather is forecasted.
- Essential employees should continue to follow specific guidance from their supervisor with the ultimate goal of maintaining operations.
As a reminder, management retains the right to designate employees as essential or non-essential, as needed, based on ongoing operational needs.
If you have any questions please direct them to your supervisor or to Human Resources.