’Ville Daily | June 7, 2018
FOR MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENTS
‘Ville Daily is a twice a week publication during the summer
New Today: Dining Summer Hours
New Today: Social Role Valorization Workshop
New Today: Legislative Update
State System News Release – Five Universities to Offer Nine New Degrees
6/7 – LNP
- CHILDREN’S CONCERT/EVENT – This event, hosted by Allegro and the Women’s Symphony Association, features crafts, an instrument petting zoo, special guests the Solera Quartet, and orchestra performances. Sat. 1-2:30 p.m. Free, no tickets required. Ware Center.
- THE SOUNDS OF STRASBURG – Annual series of concerts in the park opens with a performance by The Big Boy Brass Band. Bring lawn chairs. Sat. 6:30 p.m.
- Story on the death of Steve Powell, head basketball coach at McCaskey and member of the Athletic Hall of Fame at Millersville University.
6/6 – LNP – Millersville’s Executive Chef, Louis Logan featured in “Millersville University executive chef to be one of the Men Who Cook for Crispus Attucks fundraiser Sunday.”
6/5 – LNP
- Millersville’s Dr. Mary Glazier interviewed for article “Lancaster city police, seeking diverse recruits, step up outreach efforts.”
- Rock Ford Plantation will host Millersville’s Dr. Timothy Trussell tonight at 5:30. He’ll speak on “The Archaeology of a Pioneer Settler’s Cabin: The 1714 Hans Graff Site.” Information: 717-392-7223; org.
6/5 – WITF – Millersville’s Eric Horst interviewed for Smart Talk.
6/1 – Central Penn Business Journal – Millersville has hired Ieva Zake, dean of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
6/8 and 6/9 – Native Plants Conference and Plant Sale
8/27 – Fall Classes begin
9/7 – Convocation – Save the Date