‘Ville Daily | November 2, 2017
FOR MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENTS
New Today: Come Join Us for Classgiving
New Today: This Weekend in the Arts
New Today: Field Hockey – No. 4 Millersville takes on No. 2 ESU in PSAC Semis Friday
11/2 – LNP
- Feature article and photo, “Piano Hobbyists” at Ware Center on Sunday
- First Friday Fun at Ware Center
- Iron Furnace Walking Tour on Sunday led by Dr. June Evans, a retired archaeologist from Millersville University.
- Eckert Art Gallery features “Volume.”
11/1 – AASCU Newsletter
- Nationally, an estimated 65-85 percent of college students change their major at least once during their academic career. However, at Millersville University, that percentage is significantly lower at an estimated 50 percent.
- Stroud Water Research Center recently entered into a cooperative agreement with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Chesapeake Bay Program Office and Pennsylvania partners to improve and expand environmental literacy and watershed education and stewardship among Pennsylvania K-12 students and educators.
- Millersville University’s Watershed Education Training Institute is pleased to partner with Stroud Water Research Center’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration grant-funded project to improve K-12 students’ environmental literacy and stewardship.
- A Millersville University of Pennsylvania team consisting of students Gabriella Minnich, Sara McLoone and Megan Jones overcame their lack of experience to win big at the Lancaster Letterpress Fair’s First Collegiate Print Competition.
- On any given weekday, you may find Millersville University (MU) students, faculty and staff swimming in the pool at Pucillo Gymnasium. This fall, the University is opening the pool on weekends for veterans to learn how to kayak.
UPCOMING EVENTS View All
- Sustainability Summit: What Smart Businesses Are Doing Now to Ensure Future
- Student Dialogue on the Environment
- Meet with the Chair of the Presidential Search, 12:15-1:15 in SMC
- First Friday – Musical Tales for Modern Minds
- Jazz at the ‘Ville
- Field Hockey vs. East Stroudsburg, home @3:30
- Men’s Soccer vs. Gannon (played at West Chester) @1:30
- Women’s Volleyball at Seton Hill, 7 p.m.
- Wrestling at Wilkes, 7 p.m.
11/4 – Women’s Volleyball at California (PA), 1 p.m.
11/11 – Fall Open House-November 11
11/30 – 12/2 – Conference on Education and Poverty