What is a Management Support Organization?
A program of Millersville University, the Nonprofit Resource Network is a Management Support Organization (MSO). MSOs are nonprofit organizations [501(c)(3)s] that exist for the sole purpose of providing capacity building services to nonprofit organizations, including but not limited to training and consulting services. MSOs located in Pennsylvania seek to learn from each other and to work together to provide services statewide. You can learn more about the services of other Pennsylvania-based MSOs by exploring their websites below:
- Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO)–Harrisburg
- PANO is a statewide membership organization serving and advancing the charitable nonprofit sector through leadership, advocacy, education and other services in order to improve the overall quality of life in Pennsylvania.
- The Nonprofit Center: LaSalle University–Philadelphia
- The Nonprofit Center strengthens nonprofit organizations through capacity-building efforts including: leadership development, education and training programs, consulting, membership and job search opportunities.
- The Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management: Robert Morris University–Pittsburgh
- The Bayer Center provides affordable, practical and effective management and governance tools, information, education and research that strengthen nonprofit missions and capitalize on all investments of time, talent and money made in regional nonprofit organizations.
- The Nonprofit Partnership–Erie
- The Nonprofit Partnership is membership-based program that provides education, training, and tools to strengthen local nonprofit agencies. Working closely with the Erie Community Foundation, the Nonprofit Partnership provides capacity building grants, education, technical assistance, peer learning, and e-marketing support to nonprofits in the northwest region.