Since its inception, the Nonprofit Resource Network (NRN) has established and implemented best practices in excellence in the services it provides for the staff and boards of community benefit organizations. The NRN has created Standards for Excellence in training and ensures that workshops offered follow those standards for exceptional, hands-on training.
Taking this one step further, we apply our core values to everything that we do–both in group training and the more customized services we provide to individual organizations. Yes, you read that correctly! The NRN offers a multitude of resources in whatever format that meets the specific needs of your nonprofit organization. We start by assessing what your organization needs, rather than simply handing you a “one-size-fits-all” work plan. For some organizations, we use what we call our Sustainability Assessment (i.e. Nonprofit Audit). For example, if you need strategic planning services, we bring those services to you–in a format that best meets your needs. If you need fundraising training or the creation of a development plan, we bring those services to you—tailored to the particular needs and culture of your organization. Starting with our Preferred Consultant Network, we create the match between what your organizations needs and available resources.
We are unique because:
- We listen to your needs and goals through our assessment process rather than assuming the “cookie-cutter approach” for meeting organizational goals.
- We believe that true organizational change occurs in the context of relationship; thus, we seek to build and maintain our customer relationships.
And speaking of relationships, we know lots and lots of people! Thus, if NRN staff are unable to provide a particular training or resource, we usually know who does, and we will be happy to make the match!
LISTEN TO OUR STORIES: Hear about NRN’s Strategic Planning Services from Compeer Lancaster
Some of the organizations that we have provided customized services for include but are not limited to:
- Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Crispus Attucks Community Center
- Bright Side Opportunity Center
- Leave a Legacy-York County
- Ephrata Public Library
- Disability Empowerment Center
- Library System of Lancaster County
- Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Counseling Center
- Theatre for Transformation
- Carlisle Area Health and Wellness Foundation
- Lancaster Parking Authority
- YWCA of Lancaster
- Coalition for Smart Growth
- Lancaster Symphony Orchestra
- Lancaster Public Library
- Compeer Lancaster
- Coalition to Improve Victim Services
- Family Design Resources
- Kingdom Embassy
- Water Street Ministries
- LGBT Center Coalition of South Central PA
- Mental Health America
Look at the following to see examples of the types of training that the NRN can tailor to your agency’s needs: