Lancaster County Workforce Development Board
|The Lancaster County Workforce Development Board (LCWDB) is seeking a high-functioning, self-motivated, detailed-oriented and innovative individual to serve as the Workforce Program Coordinator. This full-time position requires someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced organization, works well independently, and is confident in their decisions. The Workforce Program Coordinator directly reports to the Compliance and Business Director. The person in this role will provide oversight to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Adult/Dislocated Worker and Department of Human Services (EARN) program vendors and lead the Local Management Committee of Lancaster County.
As a member of the LCWDB team, the Workforce Program Coordinator will encompass and carry out the mission/vision of the Lancaster County Workforce Development Board and perform responsibilities in alignment with organization core values:
· The Lancaster County Workforce Development Board seeks to align fiscal resources and provide strategic direction for Lancaster County jobseekers and employers.
· The Lancaster County workforce development environment is characterized by innovative opportunities for job seekers, employers, and community partners to achieve their maximum potential.
· Accessible, inclusive path to training, development, and opportunity for workforce advancement.
· Intentional community partnerships.
· Connective resources to support collaboration and innovation.
· Systematic equity and integrity of service delivery.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|· Provide quarterly reports to the Board, Executive Committee and other relevant Councils on matters related to best practices, provider performance, youth outcomes, local area youth performance measures, and funding updates.
· Manage budgets and expenditure of grants related to WIOA/EARN program activities.
· Review and approve monthly invoices and ensure all supporting documentation is attached.
· Coordinate and provide technical assistance to providers of WIOA/EARN activities related to contracts issued by the WDB.
· Conduct monthly file reviews of programs and report findings to Compliance and Business Director on a quarterly basis.
· Develop working relationships with area employers, providing a bridge between job seekers and employment opportunities.
· Participate in appropriate State Technical Workgroups.
· Conduct quarterly focus groups with customers of all WIOA/EARN program providers.
· Work with the Title I and EARN providers in collecting and analyzing data, monitoring of program activity and act as liaison.
· Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
· Other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE|
|SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE|
|· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to LCWDB’s mission.
· Knowledge of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and EARN regulations/guidelines is a plus.
· Solid experience coordinating and facilitating meetings.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of the LCWDB strategic plan and its priorities.
· Ability to work independently and efficiently, manage one’s time appropriately.
· Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.