MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates)
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Volunteer & Events Officer to join our dedicated and talented Marketing & Development team in our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Constituent Engagement (CE) team works to acquire new constituents (members) through engagement efforts and to nurture and engage MEDA’s current constituency with a goal of generating support for MEDA’s economic development work. The Department strives to understand the philanthropic interests of members to create, communicate and deliver engagement opportunities on a broad scale effectively. For our private donors and members these are ways that they can apply their values, as expression of their Christian faith, in their daily work by volunteering their time, talent and treasure in support of MEDA’s mission.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Constituent Engagement, the Volunteer & Events (Constituent Engagement) Officer’s primary focus is the MEDA Network and Network Events. The Officer’s goal is to engage the MEDA Network of supporter groups throughout North America with networking and engagement opportunities and the provision of resources that focus on Christian faith in the workplace while promoting the ideals of responsible management of material, financial and human resources.
The Officer provides event support, presentations and young professional engagement. This role works diligently to create opportunities for engagement and an exceptional, inclusive and welcoming experience for all current and potential MEDA constituents whether in person, on the phone, or online.
- Job Status: Full-time
- Location: Lancaster, PA, or Waterloo, ON (Hybrid work arrangement available) Some Travel is required.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Constituent Engagement (70%)
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve MEDA’s presentation to the public, and for new, or more effective ways, to support the various MEDA Marketing and Development Departments in accomplishing their mission of engaging people in the work of MEDA. Create inclusive opportunities for volunteerism, connection and community around shared values with an eye for diversification, building on the important work of MEDA’s founders.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Network Hubs including:
- The development and implementation of a sustainable strategy for the MEDA Network to enable replication and expansion.
- Regular connection points with Hub leads to provide resources, seek input on programming and share learnings.
- Enable Senior and Associate Development Officers to focus on relationship building with key Hub volunteers by delivering program materials and resources directly to Hubs.
- Seek divisional and hub leadership input on ideas, concepts, needs for program materials and resources required.
- Collaborate with Development Officers (as assigned) to ensure hub leadership is strengthened and supported within each region.
- Planning and event logistics.
- The development and provision of programming resources – including Convention materials, Annual appeals, impact reports, boxed up events, toolkits, etc. – which encourages and engages constituents in their journey to integrate their Christian faith with their work.
- Data and progress reporting; Create opportunities for feedback on MEDA programming and resources, giving voice to our supporters and providing valuable insight for the Marketing and Constituent Engagement team.
- Marketing support for the MEDA Network and other constituent engagement activities as required.
- Oversight of Hub use of and training in marketing tools such as Engaging Networks.
- Identifying new and existing opportunities for MEDA Network growth.
- Manage the creation and scheduling of email communications to MEDA’s constituent database on behalf of the MEDA Marketing and Constituent Engagement team, with e-mail calendar oversight and reporting on metrics.
- Provide oversight of planning and logistics for other events led by MEDA volunteer groups as able (I.e. Women Empowering Women, individuals/groups seeking to plan a one-time event –prospective hubs).
- Seek, develop and implement strategies and activities in a collaborative manner throughout Constituent Engagement to maximize resources and reach.
- Provide planning and logistics support for convention, including MEDAx, networking opportunities, and other convention activities as assigned.
- Assist on additional Constituent Engagement projects as assigned.
Resource Development Support (20%)
- Provide logistical and marketing support for donor cultivation events where required (Inside MEDA events, special events, etc.).
- Respond to donor inquiries (event invites, donation questions, etc.).
- Seek opportunities for Resource Development Officers to participate in events (webinars, MEDA moments, etc.).
Administrative Support (10%)
- Reception duties as needed, including: answering and directing phone calls, retrieving e-mail messages, collecting and distributing incoming mail, sending outgoing mail and preparing shipments.
- Assist Finance Department with $USD deposit preparation.
- Contribute to creating a positive office environment.
- Purchase supplies and manage supplies inventory and office equipment.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree preferred in business or related field.
- Minimum four years working in a multi-faceted professional office environment with limited supervision
- Minimum four years of experience in volunteer management.
- Demonstrated experience providing superior customer service including excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both external contacts as well as colleagues.
- Experience using fundraising and or marketing software considered an asset.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheets and databases in a work environment.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation, networking and excellent public relations skills.
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external stakeholders to formulate ideas and strategy for a common goal.
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities and timelines with an eye to detail.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.