The videographer/editor provides high quality video storytelling content to HOPE’s Advancement team for use in major campaigns, events, donor communications, and across social media platforms. This role serves the creative needs of HOPE’s marketing department while providing creative video services to other departments across HOPE. This role will film and edit a range of video types, manage HOPE’s library of video assets, and other relevant projects that position the team to effectively engage, educate, and fundraise. We strive for excellence in our work providing Christ-centered financial services, and we also want to excel in communicating about this work through video.
- Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
- Level: Professional
- Type: Full-time
- Department: Marketing
- Reports to: Senior Content Team Manager
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
Execute creative video projects
- Film video footage for use in HOPE’s digital communications, events, and other projects for all HOPE in-house video production needs in the U.S. Occasional international travel for film projects is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Provide support for filming or streaming live events or virtual events several times a year—mostly based out of HOPE’s Central Service Unit in Lancaster, PA.
- Complete video editing projects ranging from several seconds long to 30 minutes for use in email communication, website, social media, events, promotional campaigns, and other donor communications. Completed pieces may require graphics or simple animations, subtitles, and music.
- Manage editing needs for a high volume of videos, often with a quick turnaround and comprising a mix of footage sources, including raw footage from non-video specialists or footage from other global videographer contractors.
Maintain library of creative video assets
- Help organize, archive, and maintain the complete library of HOPE’s video footage so the marketing team can make full use of it.
- Serve as the central clearing house for all video footage and related details from all HOPE video contributors: HOPE staff, contracted videographers, volunteer videographers, etc.
- Utilize proper keyword searching and tagging to track connections to other related media and story details.
- Complete or arrange transcription for videos and audio files as needed.
- Inform the full marketing team of what video assets are available for integration into communications calendars via regular updates.
Contribute to other creative marketing activities
- Help coordinate freelance and video contractors as needed in collaboration with project managers and the director of marketing. Help provide content and creative direction on those video projects and create shooting schedules that include locations, timelines, and detailed shot lists.
- Contribute to conversations about storytelling and scripting, logistics planning, strategy, and creative execution, in collaboration with marketing leadership.
- Contribute to HOPE’s content planning with marketing leadership, creating regular reports on libraries and helping to identify upcoming needs for additional content collection.
- As needed, assist the graphic design team with early-stage editing and organization of photo assets.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Two years of experience managing video and editing projects for various output mediums (e.g. events, web, social media, etc.)
- Familiarity with video and audio production equipment. Ability to light and film an interview and ensure that audio recording is crisp and clear
- Familiarity and experience with editing programs (Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically Adobe Premiere (and/or Final Cut Pro), and Photoshop). A strong editing foundation is essential
- Solid understanding of how a camera works for either photo or video and ability to give clear instruction to a Director of Photography when they are contracted for larger projects
- Ability to receive creative direction and criticism constructively
- Tech savvy, self-driven learner, and capable of doing independent work
- Ability to both collaborate with less-experienced creatives and to work with more experienced experts for projects where external contributors are needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including cross-cultural communication
- Attention to detail and creative, solution-focused perspective
- Solid organizational skills, including effective time management, planning, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Degree in film, photography, design, marketing, or a related field preferred
- International and cross-cultural experience preferred
- Foreign language skills (e.g. Spanish, Kinyarwanda, French) a plus
- Experience in specific video elements (e.g. animation, motion graphics, etc.) a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for Christ-centered poverty alleviation