The Vice President provides strong leadership, management, and administration for all health care and supportive living operations at Brethren Village. The Vice President leads and oversees operations and staff in the 120-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (The Courtyards), the 20-bed Short Term Rehabilitation Center, Personal Care and Memory Support areas, the Home Care department, and Supportive Living Admissions and Marketing.
The Vice President reports to the President, and serves as a key member of the executive team. The Vice President provides direct supervision to the Nursing Home Administrator (N.H.A.), the Personal Care Administrator, the Director, Home Care, and the Director, Supportive Living Admissions / Marketing and Therapeutic Recreation. The Vice President also works closely with two Directors of Nursing and a small team of Social Workers.
The Vice President collaborates with managers, Board members, and staff to help define, build support for, and execute strategic plans; hires, develops, and mentors talented nursing staff; works with clinical staff to promote the highest standards of care, and ensures excellence with respect to delivery of clinical and related services for Residents; ensures family members and representatives of Residents receive exceptional service and timely communications; oversees compliance with state and federal regulations and sound clinical protocols; proactively evaluates and analyzes operating and clinical procedures and staffing patterns, and recommends and implements process improvements and efficiencies.
The Vice President, Health Services must possess:
- a valid PA Nursing Home Administrator’s license (N.H.A.)
- a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, nursing, or a related field; a nursing degree is preferred
- at least 10 years of relevant leadership and management experience in an acute care or long-term care setting
- demonstrated process improvement orientation, with the ability to analyze complex processes and systems, and recommend and implement enhancements and efficiencies
- a record of successfully hiring, retaining, developing, and engaging clinical staff, including nurses and nurse aides
- experience developing and managing, in a prudent manner, a large operating and labor budget
- a collaborative leadership style, and success gaining input and support for strategic plans and projects
The Vice President must be committed to carrying out all responsibilities with the highest level of integrity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.