The technical assistance manager will provide critical oversight in the programmatic support and project management leadership across the HOPE global network of programs and provide broad subject matter expertise within the operations team. As the leader of the technical assistance team, the TA manager will oversee projects involving new system implementations, operational process and product innovation, and business and financial analysis. This role has a significant component of project management, as HOPE rolls out new banking software applications, data analysis and warehousing, and IT-related applications. Comfort with cross-departmental communication, cross-cultural communication, people management, and detail orientation are very important. In addition, the technical assistance manager will serve as an individual contributor on special projects as needed across the HOPE network.
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Technical Assistance Consultation to Global Network of Programs
- Support the HOPE Network by providing consultative services to help programs identify and solve their greatest challenges, as required to meet strategic operations and program objectives
- Provide technical operations support to HOPE’s global network of microfinance (MFI) and Savings Group (SG) programs and partners as a leading business analyst. Lead and/or support teams on initiatives related to products and services, methodology, training, data capture and analysis, software implementation, and/or risk management
- Maintain a strong knowledge of trends in the MFI and SG sectors, including fintech applications, technical support solutions, market information, customer needs, and industry trends
- Support organizational and Program Innovation strategic planning processes, leading sub-teams in plan development and execution
- Project Management and Support
- Manage and support critical operational projects, including support and development of banking systems, fintech / digital transformation applications, operational changes, and product or system innovation and improvement
- Coordinate interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teams including internal IT, finance, and field program resources, as well as external entities including vendors, consultants and partner organizations
- Build the capacity of field leaders and staff to support and knowledgeably use key financial and data applications and reporting systems
- Assist in the development and implementation of new technical systems and applications, as required by HOPE programs and partner organizations
- Provide leadership on project scoping and implementation, building consensus, managing stakeholders, and creating deliverables
- Reporting and Analysis
- Lead HOPE International’s annual capital allocation across programs and internal Program Innovation semi-annual budgeting processes
- Collaborate with data analysis and data warehousing teams to develop strong data warehousing, analytical tools and reporting, and support for existing internal reporting systems across the organization, including building general expertise in Adaptive and PowerBI
- Analyze field-level portfolio and/or operational data with Operations and Executive team leadership, to offer business insights for strategic planning
- People Management
- Provide strong management of direct report
- Maintain a climate that emphasizes Christian commitment; attracts, keeps, and motivates top quality staff, and promotes HOPE’s organizational culture
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related fields; master’s degree in business, finance, planning, policy, or related field preferred
- 7 or more years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in micro-enterprise development, finance, project management, or the financial services sector.
- Experience successfully managing both people and projects
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-manage, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and consensus among diverse stakeholders and work effectively cross-culturally
- Knowledge and experience with the systems development life cycle, with hands-on expertise from initiation through implementation. Prior experience in software selection, implementation, integration, and testing is preferred.
- Ability to conduct business analysis and prepare recommendations for presentation to senior leadership
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products is a required minimum, with experience with project management platforms, data warehousing applications, and IT support infrastructure highly preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 75 nights per year
- Ability to speak multiple languages and cross-cultural experience preferred