Water Street Mission
Summary: The Step-Up Director is responsible for ensuring that all WSM Residential guests have a clear plan to employment and work assignments/career development activities that support that plan. In addition, this position is responsible to walk alongside guests as they develop work skills and tackle personal challenges that would limit their employability. The position is mobile and relies heavily on real-time, personalized feedback.
• Responsible for the overall administration of the StepUP program.
• Meets with Residential guests to support their career goals and provide feedback that assists in meeting their personal goals for renewal and career direction
• Develops job descriptions and evaluation tools for all work assignments/use the task assignments as a way to provide feedback and develop career skills
• Create and administer a guest internship program at WSM
• Develop an external externship program to move guests from internships to externships in the community
• Provides insight to Treatment team on guest needs
• Serves as a bridge between life coaches and work assignment supervisors
• Coaches guests in the development of job competencies, resume development, and career planning
• Ministers to Residential guests, reflecting God’s love for each individual, through a non-judgmental, grace filled relationship
• Adheres to Water Street Mission Policy & Procedures
• Problem-solves & assists in conflict resolution with Residential guests in their work assignments • Multitasks and adapts easily to a variable work environment
• Maintains accurate Guest information including reporting, and data management
• Participates in Action Plan meetings
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Education / Experience: A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in drug & alcohol addictions, mental health, behaviorally-based interviewing or career development. Competency in Microsoft Office products, computer data processing and email is essential. A valid PA driver’s license is required. Agreement with the philosophy of Water Street Ministries is necessary. Spanish-speaking is an asset.