New Directions Treatment Services
Staff Accountant needed for a growing non-profit 501(c)3 healthcare organization. The position reports to the Director of Finance and is non-supervisory in duty and comprehensive in scope.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting (accounts payable, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, credit card expense report reconciliation, cash applications, and payroll as noted below)
- Complete analysis of general ledger account histories for the various program expenditures including employee expenses.
- Prepare ongoing and month end journal entries and GL account reconciliations within established time frame.
- Reconciling the company’s bank statements
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, surplus/deficit or other financial activities within the company
- Ensures coordination of accounts receivable information and revenue flows between billing staff and this position so all general ledger entries in regards to accounts receivable and revenue are accurate, complete and timely.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports and data to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Generates the company’s financial statements and reports using income and expense data and examines financial statements and reports to ensure the records are accurate.
- Manages the financial and accounting software used by the company – currently QuickBooks to include chart of accounts maintenance, new general ledger account set up as well as vendor set up. Ensures database updates occur as needed and acts as the main liaison with software vendor.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepare required supplementary financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required.
- Ensure the financial records are accurate and reports are generated and filed timely.
- Assists with Payroll functions as needed. Responsible for the monthly payroll and PTO accruals and recording of all payroll activity related entries into the general ledger from the payroll service (ADP) reports and database.
- Responsible for full Accounts Payable functions including but not limited to matching of documents, coding of invoice and entry into QuickBooks, generation of check and coordination of signing and mailing of the check and backup.
- Works with outside auditors on the audit function and ensures required documents and reconciliations are complete and ready for review by stated due dates.
- Assists Director of Finance in the preparation of all needed budgets, forecasts and projections as directed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the Accounting & Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field required.
- Three or more years of work experience in an accounting or finance role
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to function independently and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required with a focus on Word and the ability to manipulate and analyze data using Excel
- Full time Salaried Position – Monday to Friday
- $55,000-$60,000 per year
Full benefit package to include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401K participation with company match after 1 year of service