Position Title: RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Team: RESIDENT SERVICES
Location: Columbia, PA
Reports to: VP OF RESIDENT SERVICES, RESIDENT SERVICES MANAGER or RESIDENT SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Number of People Supervised: ZERO
*Must provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
If you are fully vaccinated and looking for a great employment opportunity, HDC is seeking a Residence Service Coordinator. The Resident Services Coordinator coordinates on-site services (for each site assigned) to connect residents with community services, programs and gatherings to support them in thriving and reaching their full potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. HDC may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
· Makes the space and time to meet residents where they are, listening to their questions and concerns without judgment, helping to navigate challenges and celebrating successes together.
· Fosters opportunities for residents to get to know each other, to build relationships with their neighbors, and to create common goals for their community through community events, recreational programming, and supporting resident leadership.
· Supports and advocate for residents and connects them to resources, opportunities and services that promote economic mobility, improve health and wellness, and maintain housing stability.
· Coordinates on-site educational/informational workshops for residents and supports implementation of resident led programs.
· Facilitates residents’ participation in programs that enhance their physical and mental well-being.
· Resident Service and Property Management will work seamlessly on resident referrals, eviction prevention and in community building within HDC MidAtlantic managed properties. This includes regularly scheduled meetings between community managers and resident service coordinators, exchange of resident notifications, and review of Resident Services budget.
· Provides direct service to residents in Eviction Prevention Program to help households that are struggling to pay rent due to unforeseen circumstances. Along with community managers, works in partnership with residents to identify steps that will help them move through crisis and create a plan of action to maintain housing stability.
· Support residents to implement resident led programs and access resident leadership development opportunities.
· Assists Resident Association (if in place) or resident groups in planning and publicizing activities, holding elections, and developing or updating by-laws.
· Build relationships with local social service agencies and others to establish partnerships.
· Maintains Resident File/service notes, as approved by Resident Service guidelines, in Supportive Service Software.
· Submits reports to HDC and other regulatory agencies as required.
· Meets or exceeds Resident Services Performance Standards.
· Serves as advocate/liaison for residents with management and community agencies.
· Assessing resident needs and develop Resident Service Plans for each assigned property and provide to appropriate HFA for review.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in and practice equal opportunity. HDC MidAtlantic is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
HDC MidAtlantic is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
HDC values people above all else: the people we serve and the people we surround ourselves with on the team are our highest priority. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Organization’s accomplishments as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, any other status protected by law and other characteristics that make our employees unique.