Position Title: RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Team: RESIDENT SERVICES
Location: Columbia, PA
Reports to: VP OF RESIDENT SERVICES, RESIDENT SERVICES MANAGER or RESIDENT SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Number of People Supervised: ZERO
*Must provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
The Resident Services Coordinator coordinates on-site services (for each site assigned) to connect residents with community services, programs and gatherings to support them in thriving and reaching their full potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. HDC may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
· Makes the space and time to meet residents where they are, listening to their questions and concerns without judgment, helping to navigate challenges and celebrating successes together.
· Fosters opportunities for residents to get to know each other, to build relationships with their neighbors, and to create common goals for their community through community events, recreational programming, and supporting resident leadership.
· Supports and advocates for residents and connects them to resources, opportunities and services that promote economic mobility, improve health and wellness, and maintain housing stability.
· Coordinates on-site educational/informational workshops for residents and supports implementation of resident led programs.
· Facilitates residents’ participation in programs that enhance their physical and mental well-being.
· Resident Service and Property Management will work seamlessly on resident referrals, eviction prevention and in community building within HDC MidAtlantic managed properties. This includes regularly scheduled meetings between community managers and resident service coordinators, exchange of resident notifications, and review of Resident Services budget.
· Provides direct service to residents in Eviction Prevention Program to help households that are struggling to pay rent due to unforeseen circumstances. Along with community managers, works in partnership with residents to identify steps that will help them move through crisis and create a plan of action to maintain housing stability.
· Support residents to implement resident led programs and access resident leadership development opportunities.
· Assists Resident Association (if in place) or resident groups in planning and publicizing activities, holding elections, and developing or updating by-laws.
· Build relationships with local social service agencies and others to establish partnerships.
· Maintains Resident File/service notes, as approved by Resident Service guidelines, in Supportive Service Software.
· Submits reports to HDC and other regulatory agencies as required.
· Meets or exceeds Resident Services Performance Standards.
· Serves as advocate/liaison for residents with management and community agencies.
· Assessing resident needs and develop Resident Service Plans for each assigned property and provide to appropriate HFA for review.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor