Water Street Mission
Summary: Support the Residential Ministries Office Manager in serving clients through exceptional customer service.
• Support the goals and objectives of the Director of Access and Case Management in a manner that reflects the values and ministry philosophy of WSM
• Greet guests, meet service needs, and be able to intelligently answer inquiries about WSM
• Answer telephones in a professional manner
• Data entry
• Complete shelter intakes and input corresponding data
• Routine use of office equipment
• Sorting and distribution of resident mail
• Manage all communications from the Director’s and Case Management (CM) offices including scheduling and filing documents
• Organize and support meetings: scheduling, preparation, recording minutes, conduct followup communication and action items
• Manage special projects as needed
• Prepare reports, charts, files, and documents as needed
• Provide support for the Case Management team as needed
• Maintain confidentiality re: residents, staff, and volunteer information
• Other duties as assigned
Education/ Experience: Bilingual in English and Spanish is required. Microsoft Office experience including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Access are essential. Customer service organizational skills and strong communication skills required. A college degree in business or a related field, or 2+ years of equivalent training and experience is preferred.
Equipment: Office equipment including computers, fax, business phones, copier, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.