The Lancaster Chamber
The Lancaster Chamber, a business centered organization, is seeking a Programs and Marketing Specialist. This position is an ideal fit for a candidate who understands the needs of the business community and is passionate about helping employers and employees at all levels collaborate, grow, and connect through the development and delivery of educational programs and collaborative networks.
- Plan and execute either live or virtual programs for the following Chamber initiatives: Excellence Exchange, Industry Tours, Leadercast and niche groups (such as Young Professionals Network, Women’s Programming, Small Business Programming):
- Manage all program aspects including sourcing and confirming speakers; managing volunteer involvement; procuring facilities; and managing technology, equipment, or logistical requirements.
- Coordinate pre-event activities, such as developing a communications plan, tracking attendance, sending personalized invitations and target group/partner outreach.
- Manage program budgets.
- Maintain and develop sponsor relationships.
- Manage volunteer advisory groups and coordinate group involvement.
- Manage, record and track important data points including attendance, participant satisfaction and feedback, and financial performance.
- Develop, implement (as appropriate) and manage niche interest groups such as the Young Professionals Network, Women in Business, and Small Businesses.
- Respond to direct requests for assistance from customers and volunteers, provide customer service to internal and external customers, identify and solve problems within scope of responsibility.
- Develop and manage promotional content and design for assigned Chamber initiatives, including:
- Revise cross-promotional and presentation PowerPoint templates for each program/event.
- Prepare and proofread all content to be published on the Chamber’s website, in emails, and through social media.
- Develop and organize promotional content for weekly Chamber email blasts and collaborate with Creative Services Manager.
- Design digital and print advertisements cohesive with branding.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DUTIES:
- Collaborate with Events team, Membership team and Creative Services Manager to deliver exceptional programming and service to Chamber members.
- Attend and assist with Chamber events as requested.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Abide and encourage employees to follow The Lancaster Chamber Employee handbook.
- Abide and encourage employees to follow the internal vision statement.
- Represent the Lancaster Chamber in a professional manner while working among the membership.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Service, Education or related field; or work experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience planning programs and developing promotional communications, preferably for a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers for assistance in planning and execution.
- Ability to innovate, think creatively and implement new concepts and ideas.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (requires diplomacy, tact and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to self-direct workload and prioritize appropriately
- Initiative to move projects forward
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers in a team environment
- Able to travel independently to and from events
POSITION INTERACTS WITH:
- All departments of The Chamber and affiliates
- Chamber members
- Chamber volunteers
- Businesses and individuals in the community
See our posting on Indeed.