City of Lancaster
Our department is growing and we are looking for a vibrant Program Manager that wants to be part of an A+ team of hard workers committed to serving the City of Lancaster residents and partners.
We believe each member of the team holds themselves and their teammates accountable, so that dependability is always there and each person respects what others on the team do. We are an energetic team that is focused on our core values of quality in our work and integrity and respect in how we serve others.
We believe it is important to create an atmosphere where each team member can be productive and where they can hone their skills, so they are always learning, growing, and improving. Our residents are at the core of every success of our department, and it is important to listen to what they want so we can meet their needs while giving them an incredible customer experience that builds trust in the community we serve.
We know there are always better ways to improve in our service and work, and we encourage our team to use creativity and their passion to help drive new ideas and streamlined procedures to always provide top-quality results. Please apply if you are able to envision yourself being part of this team.
This position will be responsible for planning, developing, and promoting community engagement education and outreach programs for the City of Lancaster and its private and public partners. The employee shall have a thorough understanding of the City’s Strategic Priorities, as well as community engagement goals. This includes actively working to implement community engagement programming and evaluating success through data tracking of programs and outcomes. This position requires a high level of positive interaction with governmental employees, private businesses, and the general public, including preparing and delivering public presentations to various audiences. While reporting to the Director of Neighborhood Engagement, this position will also coordinate closely with and serve as a resource for project managers in other Departments , as well as the City Grant Administrator. The employee will also work closely with the inter-departmental communications Team to ensure accurate, timely, and consistent messaging on all written and oral communications, including Social Media.
Examples Of Essential Duties
- Manage Department of Neighborhood Engagement Programs, including but not limited to Love Your Block, Neighborhood Leaders Academy, Neighborhood Leaders Group in addition to managing Mayoral initiatives upon request.
- Schedule program work, oversee daily operations, coordinate the activities of the program and set priorities for managing the program.
- Develop a pipeline of residents to join resident advisory committees.
- Attend Neighborhood Group Meetings and assist groups in community development projects.
- Manage marketing and outreach to the community in collaboration with communications & marketing team.
- Develop literature, brochures and information used for public distribution regarding events and programs.
- Monitor and approve program expenditures.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of grant requests and funding continuation from outside sponsors.
- Prepare financial statements and maintain records pertaining to program activities.
- Manage community engagement data to inform benefactors and develop reporting system for city leadership.
- Assist in developing community engagement education programs and provide education to internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Assist the Director in developing and implementing the city’s long-term engagement plans and provide assistance in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as needed to monitor progress.
- Serve as a resource to the general public, other departments, and the city’s private and public partners including but not limited to educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and neighborhood groups.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in community development, or an equivalent experience working for a non-profit organization focused on community development.
- Previous experience in developing educational programs and presentations for various groups is preferred.
- Certifications in community development and leadership preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill in developing and implementing programs and services.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work.
- Skill in preparing and presenting workshops and presentations.
- Skill in effective use of social media to advance public messages.
- Skill in data tracking and reporting outcomes
- Ability to analyze community engagement data
- Ability to be a “self-starter” and able to initiate and complete tasks on a daily basis without direct supervision.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the performance of daily duties.
- Highly skilled in customer service delivery.
- Proven ability to create and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Proven computer literacy and ability to enter data and use the computer for email and electronic correspondence.
- Proven ability to read, write, speak and comprehend a second language is preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to maintain positive interactions.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and to collaborate successfully with others.
- Proven ability to adapt to new or changed situations and to show flexibility in making improvements in work processes and operations.
- Proven ability to exhibit customer-centered behaviors and to focus on customer needs.
- Proven ability to commit to excellence in service and to continuous improvement.