ASSETS, Lancaster, PA, is a nonprofit organization focused on transforming communities in Lancaster and Central Pennsylvania by changing the way business is done to build an equitable and ethical economy where everyone can prosper. Founded in 1993, ASSETS works with start-up and existing businesses by increasing business ownership among women and BIPOC, and increasing the number of social enterprises seeking to address social and environmental challenges through their business models. The diverse team at ASSETS offers training, consulting, lending, and various events to help underrepresented entrepreneurs launch and grow successful businesses. The Women’s Business Center at ASSETS helps business owners collaborate, network, elevate their brand and build more sustainable business models.
ASSETS is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to unleash the power of our mission: “to create economic opportunity and cultivate entrepreneurial leadership which alleviates poverty and builds vibrant, sustainable communities.” The ideal candidate will align with and advance our core values of innovation, passion, equity, making a positive impact in the community and utilizing sustainable organizational practices. Candidates with a track record of advocacy and dedication to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion will find alignment with Asset’s mission and vision. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, administration, programs, and the strategic efforts of the organization, including financial sustainability, fundraising, marketing, and employee engagement. The ability to represent the organization well, build strong relationships both internally and externally, and foster highly cohesive teams is essential to the role.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years providing successful leadership to a department or an organization
- Financial acumen and a strong understanding of overall business operations
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience (additional education, a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Proven experience in DEI work, community development and/or equitable economic advancement, preferred
- Experience with a nonprofit organization and working with a Board of Directors, preferred
- Business development / fundraising experience, preferred
- Demonstrated community involvement, preferred
Please provide cover letter and resume for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position to our consultants: www.northgroupconsultants.com/jobs
Equal Opportunity Employer: ASSETS does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.