Brethren Village Retirement Community is hiring caring Personal Care and Memory Support Aides, and Med. Techs. Full-time, part-time, and PRN opportunities are available, on all shifts, to meet your needs. Brethren Village consistently follows sound infection control protocols, for the safety of our Residents and our Team Members. Our Personal Care Aide positions are great for those who want stable employment; who want to work in a clean, modern facility which is large enough to offer a variety of schedules and opportunities; and who are seeking experience in a healthcare environment.
Brethren Village provides competitive starting rates of pay – $12.25 per hour minimum, with higher rates for those with work experience as an Aide. Brethren Village offers generous shift differentials ($3.00 extra per hour on the evening shift, and $2.00 extra per hour on the night shift) and weekend incentives ($1.00 extra per hour). Med. Techs. earn an additional $.50 per hour.
Working under the leadership of a nurse, the Personal Care Aide provides direct care to Residents to enable them to function at the highest possible level. The Personal Care Aide:
- assists each Resident, based on his/her needs and preferences, with dressing, grooming, hygiene / bathing, eating, bathroom tasks, and walking/transportation
- records vital signs
- monitors and documents health-related changes
- transfers Residents as needed from bed to chair, toilet to bed, etc.
- works cooperatively with nursing staff
- responds to requests from Residents in a helpful manner
- may provide care and service to Residents with dementia
- consistently provides excellent service and care in a professional manner
Our Personal Care Aides work cooperatively with nursing staff, Resident Dining Aides, Activities staff, and other Team Members.
Required Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- dependability: ability and willingness to meet attendance standards
- basic computer skills: the ability to access and navigate web sites, and use applications and databases independently
- the ability to read and to complete online training independently
- ability and willingness to consistently work in a safe and alert manner, and to report to work fit for duty; commitment to wearing protective equipment as required for the position, and adhering to all health and safety standards
- the ability and willingness to interact in a productive and professional manner with colleagues
- the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with Residents and other clients, and to provide exceptional care and service to others
- ability and willingness to represent Brethren Village and carry out responsibilities in a manner aligned with our core values of caring, integrity, stewardship, and excellence
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- must be at least age 18
- current CPR and First Aid certification
- at least 1 year related experience in a long-term care or acute care setting preferred
- previous dementia training preferred; comfort working with Residents with memory loss or dementia
- effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively with Residents and respond to their requests in a timely manner
- willingness to provide assistance to Residents with their dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, and bathroom needs
- the ability to safely transfer Residents independently, properly using mechanical lifts when necessary (consistent adherence to safe lifting and transfer procedures is required); to safely push adult Residents in wheel chairs; to reach, bend, stand, and walk frequently during the shift; to safely assist Residents who may begin to fall
- the ability to quickly and safely assist Residents during emergency evacuations and other emergency situations
- the ability to remain calm and provide effective care in a fast-paced environment
- thorough understanding of HIPAA privacy regulations
- ability and willingness to work every other weekend and holiday