If you are fully vaccinated and looking for a great employment opportunity, HDC is seeking a Partnership Accountant.
HDC MidAtlantic envisions a world where a safe, welcoming, affordable place to call home is open to everyone. We believe home shouldn’t be an impossible dream; it should be an attainable reality. We are resident advocates, trusted developers, property managers, community partners, and collaborators. We are part of the fabric of our towns and cities, and have been working with our neighbors since 1971 to create real change and meaningful connections. As champions of the greater good, we are committed to advancing equity, we open the door to opportunities, and we build homes that we can all be proud of.
HDC owns and/or manages over 3,000 apartments, providing housing that is safe and affordable to those with lower incomes, focusing on seniors, families, and individuals living with disabilities. Serving nearly 4,000 residents in 55 communities located in urban, suburban, and rural areas across Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, HDC builds hope and opportunity for all residents to reach their full potential by creating, preserving, and strengthening affordable housing communities.
*Must provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
Role Title: Partnership Accountant
Manager: Accounting Manger Function: Accounting
Role Description: Performs accounting service for assigned properties.
Key Role Accountabilities
Analyzes and reconciles assigned accounts.
- Reconciles operating, security deposit and escrow cash accounts monthly.
- Monitor accounts, identify and troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Monitors cash flow for the assigned properties
- Requests cash transfers for real estate tax and insurance payments.
- Establishes and maintains monthly recurring journal entries.
- Maintains fixed asset listing.
- Reconciles tenant and HAP payments and performs gross rent reconciliation monthly.
- Processes inter-company shared property reimbursements.
- Identifies tenant receivables over 90 days and performs bad debt write off when applicable.
- Maintains annual/quarterly prepaid expenses.
- Codes mortgage interest and principal.
- Reconciles partnership and HDC accounts payables.
- Researches and reconciles tenant billing discrepancies.
- Reviews invoices to ensure proper coding; advises Community Managers of discrepancies.
- Generates purchase orders as necessary.
- Generates monthly, quarterly, annual and special financial reports for HDC and property partners.
- Prepares annual budget with aid of Community Managers; submits to appropriate agencies within specified due dates established in partnership agreements.
- Distributes yearly financial statements, tax returns, and K-1’s to appropriate investors and various agencies; resolves any discrepancies.
- Supports external accounting firm in their year-end process; reviews final reports for accuracy.
- Performs various accounting support for new construction properties.
- Tracks construction expenses and development costs per total development budget.
- Submits payment requests, change orders and month-end reporting to appropriate financial agency.
- Maintains various spreadsheets reporting incurred expenses to date.
- Advises new Community Managers regarding their accounting responsibilities.
- Establishes new accounting books for new properties/partnerships; closes and files books upon termination.
Minimum qualifications and education required for the job: 2 year degree in business or related field required, 4 Year degree preferred. 3 years of experience or a combination of education and/or relevant experience will be considered.