If you are fully vaccinated and looking for a great employment opportunity, HDC is seeking a Partnership Accountant.
HDC MidAtlantic envisions a world where a safe, welcoming, affordable place to call home is open to everyone. We believe home shouldn’t be an impossible dream; it should be an attainable reality. We are resident advocates, trusted developers, property managers, community partners, and collaborators. We are part of the fabric of our towns and cities, and have been working with our neighbors since 1971 to create real change and meaningful connections. As champions of the greater good, we are committed to advancing equity, we open the door to opportunities, and we build homes that we can all be proud of.
HDC owns and/or manages over 3,000 apartments, providing housing that is safe and affordable to those with lower incomes, focusing on seniors, families, and individuals living with disabilities. Serving nearly 4,000 residents in 55 communities located in urban, suburban, and rural areas across Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, HDC builds hope and opportunity for all residents to reach their full potential by creating, preserving, and strengthening affordable housing communities.
*Must provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
Role Title: Partnership Accountant
Manager: Accounting Manger Function: Accounting
Role Description: Performs accounting service for assigned properties.
Key Role Accountabilities
Analyzes and reconciles assigned accounts.
- Reconciles operating, security deposit and escrow cash accounts monthly.
- Monitor accounts, identify and troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Monitors cash flow for the assigned properties
- Requests cash transfers for real estate tax and insurance payments.
- Establishes and maintains monthly recurring journal entries.
- Maintains fixed asset listing.
- Reconciles tenant and HAP payments and performs gross rent reconciliation monthly.
- Processes inter-company shared property reimbursements.
- Identifies tenant receivables over 90 days and performs bad debt write off when applicable.
- Maintains annual/quarterly prepaid expenses.
- Codes mortgage interest and principal.
- Reconciles partnership and HDC accounts payables.
- Researches and reconciles tenant billing discrepancies.
- Reviews invoices to ensure proper coding; advises Community Managers of discrepancies.
- Generates purchase orders as necessary.
- Generates monthly, quarterly, annual and special financial reports for HDC and property partners.
- Prepares annual budget with aid of Community Managers; submits to appropriate agencies within specified due dates established in partnership agreements.
- Distributes yearly financial statements, tax returns, and K-1’s to appropriate investors and various agencies; resolves any discrepancies.
- Supports external accounting firm in their year-end process; reviews final reports for accuracy.
- Performs various accounting support for new construction properties.
- Tracks construction expenses and development costs per total development budget.
- Submits payment requests, change orders and month-end reporting to appropriate financial agency.
- Maintains various spreadsheets reporting incurred expenses to date.
- Advises new Community Managers regarding their accounting responsibilities.
- Establishes new accounting books for new properties/partnerships; closes and files books upon termination.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in and practice equal opportunity. HDC MidAtlantic is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Whenever possible, the Organization makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law. Employees who would like to request a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
The Director of Human Resources serves as our Equal Opportunity Coordinator and has overall responsibility for assuring compliance with this policy. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and diversity and assisting our Organization in meeting its objectives.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
HDC MidAtlantic is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
HDC values people above all else: the people we serve and the people we surround ourselves with on the team are our highest priority. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Organization’s accomplishments as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, any other status protected by law and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
HDC MidAtlantic diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, representing of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
All employees of HDC MidAtlantic always have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other Organization-sponsored and participative events.