Tabor Community Services
Tabor Community Services, a non-profit organization providing programs and services to foster housing and financial stability in Lancaster County, PA, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Outreach Worker position.
Tabor assists over 5,000 clients annually, and has a 50+ staff and annual operating budget of $4.5 million. It is a HUD-approved counseling agency and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation. Tabor has served Lancaster County residents for over 50 years. Tabor aims to help strengthen the Lancaster County community by giving people the tools and inspiration to meet their housing and financial challenges and by revitalizing our surroundings.
The Outreach Worker walks the streets and parks of Lancaster City and travels to locations throughout the county to locate, meet, and build rapport with individuals and families who are living on the streets, in vehicles, or in other places not meant for human habitation. The goal is engaging with people, especially those experiencing chronic homelessness and/or those who resist seeking services, in ways that help them connect with services when possible or assists them to secure permanent housing directly when feasible. The Outreach Worker is based at Tabor’s 308 E. King Street, Lancaster, location and reports to the CHART Manager.
Key qualifications include:
• A degree in social work or a related field
• Fluency speaking and writing English required; bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
• The ability and commitment to be outside consistently engaging with people who are unsheltered day after day regardless of the season or inclement weather
• Ability to engage effectively with people who may be experiencing untreated mental illness and/or substance use disorders
• Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured personal vehicle required
The full job description can be found at www.tabornet.org. See Employment Opportunities under the “About” tab.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is appointed.
Qualified applicants can send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Wendy Stivers, CHART Manager, Tabor Community Services, 308 E. King Street, Lancaster PA 17602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.