Initiative and Ingenuity: The Administrative Assistant is a contributing member of the staff at MCC East Coast MRC. This position plays a central role in the activities of the MRC including preparation of relief supplies, coordinating volunteer efforts, processing recycled materials and providing education about MCC.
Mental/Physical/Visual Demand: This individual will experience frequent interruptions throughout the workday and will need to readjust quickly to manage tasks. Occasional lifting is required.
Communication/Interpersonal Skills: This individual will exercise people skills and frequent communication while greeting, hosting, organizing and directing volunteers.
Assist in coordinating volunteer efforts (30%).
Provide general clerical services (40%)
General duties (30%).
Assist in coordinating volunteer efforts.
• Provide a welcoming presence and greet volunteers and donors who come to the MRC.
• Host volunteers by planning and preparing snacks for break times.
• Maintain kitchen area clean and organized. Proper protocols for cleaning tables and kitchen area must be followed.
• Assist other staff members in planning, organizing and directing volunteer groups and tours.
• Assist volunteer coordinator in maintaining daily, weekly, monthly and yearly volunteer schedules.
• In consultation with Volunteer Coordinator and MRC Manager, organize schedule for speakers to volunteer groups.
• Plan, organize and host occasional meals or snacks at the MRC, as requested by MRC Manager, driving to pick things up.
• Provide occasional coverage for weekend and evening MRC volunteer activities.
Provide Clerical Services
• Function as primary contact person for MRC phone calls, walk-in visitors and correspondence.
• Provide logistical support for domestic material resource handing.
• Maintain Safety Data Sheet (SDS) records.
• Keep records of sales at the MRC, recycling income and donations.
• Purchase necessary housekeeping and hospitality supplies for the entire building (MRC and East Coast Ephrata office).
• Assist in tracking material donations in DPO.
• Assist in preparing thank you notes for donations.
• Process monetary donations collected at the MRC for Donor Relations.
• Provide clerical services in processing mail flow within, to and from the MRC and Ephrata office.
• Print labels and assist with large mailings as needed.
• Serve as MRC and EC Ephrata office manager. Ensure office supplies are stocked, assist with troubleshooting office machines/phones and maintain a tidy, orderly office environment.
• Receive requests for pickups of donated materials and forward to Warehouse Coordinator.
• Organize informational materials to raise awareness about the work of MCC and the MRC – brochures, bulletin boards, etc.
• Communicate with cleaning staff, organize servicing schedule and instructions.
• Attend all required EC meetings, including annual in person gathering.
Other Duties as assigned