Lancaster Family YMCA
The Lancaster Family YMCA is seeking welcoming and service oriented people to join our team as Membership Associates at our City Center and Lampeter-Strasburg locations. Bi-lingual candidates are ideal!
Hours at our City Branch are mornings 8-11am and weekends, and at our Lampeter-Strasburg Branch it is evenings and weekends.
The Lancaster Family YMCA provides a broad range of services to support the health and well-being of people across our community, and we are uniquely positioned to tackle some of Lancaster County’s most pressing needs.
The Membership Associate is responsible for providing a high quality member experience to all staff, members, and guests. Primarily though following all processes and guidelines, customer service, knowledge of departments and programs.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
· Promote growth and retention through a positive member experience
· Manage facility area to ensure it is inviting to members and staff
· Notify all persons related to any member or facility issue
· Open/ Close YMCA building including daily walkthroughs, and shift summaries
· Handle all point of sales transactions for registrations and membership payments
· Collect and process all member paperwork
· Ensure all members are active in our system to allow access to the building
· Follow all membership policies and procedures delicately and effectively to all members and non-members
· Answer all incoming phone calls, disseminate information to all necessary staff
· Complete regular inventory checks of supplies and program flyers for use before and after ever shift
· Other duties as needed or assigned
· Carries out other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· High School Degree or GED preferred
· 1-2 years customer service or applicable experience preferred
· CPR, AED, and First Aid required within 60 days of hire
· Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus