Application deadline: October 21, 2020
The marketing communications specialist is responsible for planning and producing clear and inviting marketing content that engages and inspires HOPE’s various constituents, with an emphasis on social media and digital content. Collaborating with graphic designers and other marketing team members, this person will focus on creating content that leads constituents to deeper engagement with HOPE through digital media and online experiences. Successful outcomes will be seen through growth of social media followers, reach, and online engagement.
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Marketing and communications
- Contribute to HOPE International’s communications as a copy writer, editor, interviewer, and content collector as needed to help execute compelling publications with on-time delivery.
- Write and edit communication pieces that include: e-newsletters, brochures, blog articles, emails, press releases, website copy, social media, video scripting, mailings, annual reports, and other promotional material.
- Ensure accuracy, clarity, and integrity in communications thorough research of verifiable sources and strict attention to detail.
- Collaborate with creative specialists to achieve clear, concise, and impactful communication.
- Collaborate with other HOPE marketing strategists to write content that engages and converts audiences to meet team goals.
- Maintain the consistency of HOPE International’s voice and brand throughout communications by following established guidelines.
- Inspire HOPE supporters’ understanding and sense of connection with those HOPE serves, while ensuring all stakeholders are portrayed with dignity and respect.
- Contribute to broader marketing team initiatives, including event support, research, and reporting functions, when necessary.
- Social media
- Create and publish relevant, engaging, high-quality content across HOPE’s social media accounts to support marketing strategies and help meet team goals.
- Leverage the right online tools to implement an editorial calendar to schedule timely marketing content and campaigns.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to social media followers and constituents.
- Oversee design of branded images and graphics relevant to social media accounts.
- Collaborate with other HOPE marketing strategists to analyze and leverage analytics to increase social media followers, reach, and engagement.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a professional writer.
- Attention to detail and excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex and sensitive issues.
- Experience in a wide variety of written mediums, e.g., newsletters, appeals, websites, blogs, social media, professional reports, brochures, video scripting, press releases.
- Experience sourcing, planning, and managing social media content development and publishing. In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Familiar with SEO principles, including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to communicate with tact, professionalism, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes for information collection and sharing.
- Understanding of Scriptural mandates concerning poverty.
- Collaborative orientation.
- Ability to establish priorities and negotiate competing deadlines with composure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional international travel may be required
- Excellent oral and public communication skills.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Basic knowledge of HTML editing.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic knowledge of social media planning and scheduling platforms like Hootsuite.
- Foreign language ability in French, Spanish, Russian, or Kinyarwandan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for Christ-centered microenterprise development.