Lancaster General Health Foundation
Reporting to the Major Gifts Manager, the Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for developing and directing fundraising for hospital programs, in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of Lancaster General Health. This includes facilitating the identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual and corporate gifts of $10,000 and higher. Must possess initiative, leadership, creative energy, well-refined organizational skills and proven expertise as a fundraiser.
The Lancaster General Health Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and exists to build relationships and garner resources to support the health system and its priorities.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES:
- Develop and execute strategies to build a portfolio and manage a pipeline of 100-120 prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $10,000 and higher
- Cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of Lancaster General Health
- Conduct assessment and qualification visits with new prospects and donors to identify new potential major and planned gift donors
- Plan prospect management strategies to advance relationships with individuals in prospect pool and secure gifts of $10,000+
- Identify, cultivate and solicit foundations and corporations in collaboration with the Major Gifts Manager
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the mission and priorities of Lancaster General Health and make a persuasive verbal and written case for supporting key programs and projects, effectively matching the interests of prospects to system priorities
- Collaborate with senior administrators, physicians, staff and volunteers to develop ideas that translate Lancaster General Health’s fundraising priorities into gift proposals and to advance prospect relationships
- Maintain accurate and timely records of major gift activity and fundraising status in database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Establish and maintain strong and productive working relationships with department chairs, physicians, administrators, board members, and community volunteers to engage them in the development process
- Work with Donor Relations to ensure effective stewardship of major and planned gift donors
- Attend Foundation-related events, both internal and external, as needed Maintain working knowledge of IRS regulations related to charitable giving as well as HIPAA regulations and hospital policies and procedures as they pertain to this position’s responsibilities Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Major Gifts Manager
- Serve as a team leader for significant projects and as a mentor to Development volunteers
- Manage and edit the Raiser’s Edge database
- Research and pursue potential funding from foundations
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years of development experience, including major gift solicitations, planned giving solicitations, fund raising coordination, grant and appeal writing
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Health care philanthropy experience
- Planned giving and capital campaign experience