Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative is a nonprofit organic farmers’ cooperative of over 100 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high-quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small-scale family farms. LFFC serves all Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, and most of the tri-state area by connecting the farmer and customer, delivering the best local organic produce, value-added products, and humanely raised and pastured animal products to retail establishments, co-ops, restaurants, and institutions.
To cultivate and nurture LFFC’s culture by managing all aspects of Human Resources. Supports management and team members in areas of organizational and employee development, HRIS, employee relations, training, compensation and policy guidance.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for recruitment practices, progressive discipline, employee relations, benefits compensation, training and development, company culture, performance appraisals and quality management issues.
- Collaborate with other managers and Executive Director to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure everyone is fully informed of HR objectives, purposes, and achievements.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Communicate with LFFC management, all changes in personnel, organization structure or policies
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records. Ensure rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Keep up to date with legislation affecting human resources; train management and monitor company policies to ensure compliance.
- Oversee preparation and analysis of job descriptions and compensation programs.
A successful candidate will have the ability to model and support the wellness-focused company culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Five years of experience in human resource management
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties, not listed here, may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.
Reports to Executive Director. Hired by the Executive Director.