Water Street Mission
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and
efficient operations of Water Street Mission’s Human Resources department.
The Human Resources Assistant must be:
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current member or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission core values and ministry philosophy
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Provides clerical support to the HR department
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Communicates deadlines to supervisors including review dates. Provide timely follow-up to ensure compliance
- May assist with payroll functions including providing HR updates prior to payroll processing and answering employee payroll questions
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, and other celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- Prior related office experience preferred.