Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County
The Community Acton Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated, full-time Grant Coordinator responsible for working with all CAP programs to develop and prepare grant applications for a variety of funding sources, research opportunities for outside funding and write any necessary reports for funding received. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for working with CAP program staff to complete the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to government, foundation and corporate sources, including sometimes leading community partners on shared grant applications.
- Write compelling, clear proposals using institutional information and data.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate grants and make recommendations on which grants to apply for.
- Work with finance and program staff to gather information necessary to report to grant funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by funders.
- Provide stewardship to current funders, including work with Chief Development Officer to provide written updates to funders.
- Develop a thorough understanding of institutional history, programs and key partners.
- Maintain current records, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Work with Marketing and Community Relations Associate and Data Analyst to provide development input for written institutional materials as needed.
- Assist with donor communications and events as needed.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Minimum of three years’ experience in nonprofit grant writing required.
- Familiarity with reading and understanding budgets required. Experience creating budgets preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to lead a proposal from concept to completion with a variety of contributors.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, concise, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong research skills, including a knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong editing skills.
- Experience working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Learn more about the job at https://caplanc.org/careers-at-cap/grant-coordinator/