Position: Funding and Sustainability Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: FT / M-F 8am-4pm (Occasional evening and weekend hours)
The Funding and Sustainability Manager works directly with the Executive Director to create an effective sustainability platform for Milagro House’s immediate and long-term strategic growth. This position manages existing revenue streams (individuals, grants, corporations/foundations, special events, sponsorships, email and direct mail appeals) while working to identify and implement additional funding sources. The Funding and Sustainability Manager also manages external communications including the organization’s newsletter and social media presence.
- Devise, implement and manage an annual development plan that targets revenue growth in the areas of individual giving, grants and corporate partnerships.
- Research and write persuasive, detailed grant proposals for submission to funders. Track outcomes and complete grant evaluation reports as required.
- Work closely with Accounting and Operations Manager to ensure program funding is being managed in accordance with related grant guidelines.
- Manage revenue budget goals and prepare monthly development reports for the organization’s finance committee.
- Cultivate relationships with new donors and maintain existing donor relationships that preserve their current level of giving, while working to strategically increase support of the organization’s mission over time.
- Represent Milagro House, as requested by the Executive Director, at community meetings and industry-related events.
- Attend board development committee meetings and act as the staff liaison in planning and executing special events.
- Maintain a supportive/administrative role in the planning and implementation of the organization’s upcoming capital campaign.
- Manage the donor database (DonorPerfect) including data entry, gift processing and timely gift acknowledgment.
- Follow ethical practices associated the profession and with the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization.
Milagro House seeks a compassionate individual who understands the importance of our mission and seeks an opportunity to use their talents to contribute directly to our life-changing work. The following requirements are essential to be successful in this role:
- BA is required; MA is a plus.
- A minimum of five years fundraising and development experience.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals.
- Proficient budget manager.
- Self-starter, analytic thinker with top-notch project management skills are an absolute must.
- Excellent written communication skills. Must be a persuasive writer, capable editor and accurate proofreader.
- Confident public speaker.
- The successful candidate will possess the ability to think creatively and must be able to handle several tasks simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Comfortable working as part of a small non-profit team.
- Familiarity and experience working with a diverse demographic. Knowledge of the unique challenges faced by women/children facing poverty and homelessness is a plus.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as program requirements dictate.
- Have (or be able to successfully obtain) child abuse clearances and criminal background checks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, donor database software (DonorPerfect preferred), desktop publishing, website management and social media promotion.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
About Milagro House:
Now in its 23rd year, Milagro House provides education, housing and support services for women and their children who would otherwise be experiencing poverty and homelessness. Education is the underpinning of everything we do at Milagro House and is the catalyst for women moving from poverty to independence through meaningful employment at a family-sustaining wage. The organization is entering a period of significant expansion, with a capital campaign set to begin in late 2021 – early 2022. Milagro House is a 501(c)(3) organization located in downtown Lancaster, Pennsylvania. For more information about Milagro House and its mission, please visit our website: www.milagrohouse.org.
Please email resume and cover letter (along with salary requirements) to:
Christina Duncan, Executive Director: email@example.com
No Phone Calls, Please.
Milagro House offers an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision,
LTD and Life insurance, 403(b) savings plan and a generous PTO allowance.
Milagro House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.