Tabor Community Services
Tabor Community Services, a non-profit organization providing programs and services to foster housing and financial stability in Lancaster County, PA, is seeking qualified candidates for full and part-time Program Reporting Assistant (PRA) positions at TLC.
Tabor assists over 5000 clients annually, has 50+ staff and an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Tabor has served Lancaster County residents for over 50 years. Tabor’s mission: To help strengthen the Lancaster County community by giving people the tools and inspiration to meet their housing and financial challenges and by revitalizing our surroundings.
TLC is a 5-story, 52-unit, short-term residential facility in the City of Lancaster providing interim housing with supportive services for individuals, families, and veterans experiencing homelessness and is home to Veterans’ Victory House. The goal of TLC’s programs is to assist people experiencing homelessness to reach their goal of safe, sustainable permanent housing.
The PRA staff work the front desk 24/7/365. PRAs are customer service professionals who: offer a friendly greeting to everyone; manage the flow of people in and out of the building; ensure a safe, respectful, and caring environment for all; and report significant observations/happenings to building managers. The PRA team of full time and part time staff is supervised by the TLC Operations Manager.
Key Qualifications include:
– A degree in social work or a related human services field is preferred
– Fluency speaking and writing English is required; bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
– PRAs work various eight-hour shifts around the clock including weekends and holidays
– Ability to engage respectfully and effectively with a wide variety of people by listening non-judgmentally without giving advice or trying to fix things for people
– Willingness to do whatever need doing which may include cleaning up messes, carrying in and documenting donated items, gathering and taking out trash, administering random drug screenings and breathalyzer tests, helping people de-escalate, being an encourager and “cheerleader,” and being respectfully firm about the program rules and expectations.
The full job description is also attached. Both documents are also available on Tabor’s website, www.tabornet.org, by clicking “Employment Opportunities” under the “About” tab.
Review of resumes will begin on March 4, 2020 and continue until all positions are filled. Qualified applicants should send, via email (preferred) or U.S. mail, a cover letter, resume, and the names with contact information for three references to:
TLC Operations Manager
105 E. King Street
Lancaster, PA 17608