Please submit resumes and cover letters to assetspa.org/about/careers/
ASSETS is a dynamic, innovative, and growing non-profit organization focused on transforming communities through business. We’re a diverse team of innovators with extensive experience in entrepreneurship, social change, and economic development. ASSETS offers in-depth training and financing for entrepreneurs and works with established businesses to improve their social and environmental impact. We believe in harnessing the power of business to alleviate poverty and build vibrant and sustainable communities.
ASSETS is a dynamic organization focused on helping diverse, innovative, and socially-focused entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Since 1993, ASSETS has been providing training and technical assistance for entrepreneurs and in 2014, began making loans. In that time, ASSETS has become a hub for entrepreneurship and innovation in Lancaster and has grown more than five times larger in both staff and budget. The Finance and Administration Manager will be a vital role in our organization, overseeing the organization’s overall finances and high-level reporting, recording loan activity and repayments, managing our bank accounts, and leading our interaction with our external auditors. This position will play an essential part in helping ASSETS continue to meet its goal of transforming our community through business.
- Finance and Accounting Management
- Lead financial planning, budgeting/forecasting, and strategy.
- Manage bank accounts and cash flow to ensure availability of cash to meet ASSETS’ obligations.
- Present to the Board Finance Committee in conjunction with the CEO.
- Assess, manage, and minimize risk and analyze complex financial data. Prepare relevant reporting on financial performance.
- Oversee external audit and any tax functions, including collecting information needed for the audit.
- Oversee the development and implementation of accounting policies.
- Support compliance for SBA WBC and other grants by providing relevant financial information needed for reports.
- Maintain accounting of ASSETS’ inventory and assets.
- Review Insurance policies on an annual basis and ensure adequate coverage.
- Manage internal controls and supervise bookkeeper.
- Ensure quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reporting are completed as needed for grant requirements.
- Lending Portfolio Management
- Ensure creation of monthly loan portfolio report and share with Loan Review Committee.
- Assist Community Lending staff with bank information or other reports as needed to support their work.
- Create monthly loan portfolio report and regularly (at least annually) assess loan portfolio risk.
- Assist with other projects from time to time as determined by the CEO.
- Commitment to the mission and programs of ASSETS.
- High proficiency with QuickBooks for nonprofit financial management.
- Five or more years of bookkeeping and financial management experience.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting or relevant professional experience.
- Comfortable with minimal supervision.
- Driven by deadlines and routines.
- Overall competency in MS Office suite, including high proficiency with Excel.
ASSETS is an office-based organization. You may share a room with other staff, or even work in a large area alone. The work can be challenging at times with responsibilities for meeting targets and deadlines. Dress can be business casual to professional depending upon occasion. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands are typical of an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position. You will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ASSETS does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor