Mennonite Central Committee
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the MCC U.S. Org. Dev./Racial Equity director, Finance Director, and Executive Assistant. This person is a key support to assure the work of these three offices is successfully accomplished through strong initiative skills, ability and willingness to see work completed accurately and on time.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
50% Administrative support to the Org. Dev./Racial Equity Director
30% Administrative support to Financial Director
20% Administrative support to Executive Office Assistant
Provide direct administrative support to the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director, financial director and executive office assistant. This person writes accurate and excellent minutes of meetings led by the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director and minutes of meetings as requested by the financial director or executive office assistant.
Task and duties for Org. Dev./Racial Equity director:
– Maintain calendar of meetings, events and other activities for the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director.
– Make travel arrangements for the Racial Equity Director. Provides other support to enhance Org. Dev./Racial Equity director ability to perform assigned duties of the racial equity office (e.g., preparing logistics, supplies and equipment for meetings, Teams task lists).
– Manage credit card monthly statements. Complete monthly ED expense reports.
– Organize and maintain proper filing and recordkeeping. Follows established procedures for archiving documents in MCC.
– Follow existing MCC procedures for managing confidential information.
– Prepare for and manage events. Plan venue. Plan and carry out logistics for event including but not limited to meetings rooms, lodging, meals, transportation (to/from and during meeting) tech needs, etc. Prepare information packets and meeting rooms. Attend meetings and record minutes. Distribute meeting minutes.
– Provide continuity when the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director is absent. Answer basic questions about office projects, initiatives and responsibilities in the absence of the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director. Create letters, e-mail messages and other communications as needed.
– Maintain daily contact with the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director whenever possible. Assist the Org. Dev./Racial Equity director with assigned projects as necessary. Manage or conduct Internet, library and other information searches as needed.
Task and duties for financial director:
– Schedule meetings for the finance department and the finance director as necessary.
– Help plan and schedule meetings for the Audit and Finance Committee.
– Attend all Audit and Finance Committee meetings and take meeting minutes.
– Attend regional international meetings and record minutes
– Assist with the receiving and sending of mail for the finance department.
– Make travel arrangements for the finance department as needed.
– Work with International Program AAs on getting official MCC documentation needed for country programs.
Task and duties for executive assistant:
– Manage inter-office correspondence, e-mails and phone calls.
– Assist with breaks at the receptionist desk at least twice a month.
– Assist the executive assistant with board meeting preparation including but not limited to meeting room preparation, lodging, meals, transportation (to/from and during meeting) tech needs, etc.
– Prepare and manage monthly birthday card mailings for staff by preparing them for the executive director.
– Together with the executive assistant maintain and keep updated information on the MCC U.S. Hub community.
Supervision: No direct supervision
Travel expectations: Travel up to 30 nights away per year within the US/Canada and internationally
• Occasionally ascending or descending stairs/ladders or the like.
• Constantly remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasionally moving about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite to another.
• Occasionally light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
• Never medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
• Never heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
• Constantly repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
• Never operating machinery and/or power tools.
• Never operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
• Constantly assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned.
• Not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.