Elizabethtown Community Housing & Outreach Services (ECHOS)
The Executive Director is responsible for the oversight and evaluation of the staff, administration, program, and strategic vision of the organization. The Executive Director leads the fundraising, marketing, and community outreach initiatives and reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to engage in strategic planning and mission alignment.
Leadership, Administration, and Human Resources:
- Recruit, hire, and orient appropriate and competent staff to further the mission of ECHOS.
Supervise the Director of Social Services, who oversees direct service programs and Enrichment Center staff.
- Implement the human resource policies and procedures. Oversee payroll system and ensure confidentiality of relevant personnel files.
- Maintain up to date job descriptions for staff. Clearly outline and communicate roles and responsibilities at ECHOS.
- Work with all agency supervisors to conduct annual performance reviews. Ensure that Exit Interviews are completed for all outgoing employees.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure open and effective communication.
- Facilitate and attend trainings and team building, including both staff and the Board of Directors, as appropriate.
- Oversee and maintain all agency accounts with Administrative Assistant, including records of usernames/passwords.
- Ensure that at least two Board members are co-signers of agency checking account.
- Coordinate or delegate management and supervision of all interns.
- Manage a marketing plan in collaboration with the ECHOS Board of Directors.
- Oversee and ensure the update of the ECHOS website and social media platforms.
- Attend all required meetings, collaborations, and presentations by Homeless provider network; Lanc Co MyHome (funder); County of Lancaster (funder), Redevelopment Authority (funder), United Way of Lancaster County (funder), Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine (funder), Elizabethtown Area School District, and others.
- Facilitate a cohesive delivery of services to community that adhere to ECHOS’s mission and vision.
- Develop long-term goals, new initiatives, and innovative approaches to service provision that meet community needs and further the agency mission.
- Develop and manage program budgets and provide sound financial stewardship of funds allocated to clients.
- Ensure that program operation, policies, procedures, activities comply with grant requirements, relevant legislation and standards of practice, as well as align with the mission and vision of ECHOS.
- Oversee Winter Shelter program, Elizabethtown Area School District programs, and clinical programs.
- Oversee the preparation of all outcomes, matrix, grant compliance and necessary documentation for funders.
- Ensure that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored, and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
- Compiles, maintains and reports on program statistics, and community need; Analyze trends and make recommendations to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
Fundraising & Community Outreach:
- Oversee all fundraising efforts.
- Create and implement an annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Participate in all fundraising committees with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain and develop working relationships with community partners, volunteers, and donors.
- Participate in the planning, attending, and execution of all ECHOS events as required.
- Responsible for enhancing ECHOS’s image by being an active and visible member of the community.
- Represent ECHOS at appropriate events and forums, as needed.
- Communicate with donors, churches, and community members via Email blasts, newsletters, Annual reports, as well as other appropriate mediums to keep stakeholders apprised of all relevant happenings in the work of ECHOS.
- Carry out marketing campaigns with Development Coordinator. Prepare, design and schedule email marketing and social media posts; Plan, write, and schedule written appeals.
- Coordinate with Bookkeeper, Administrative Assistant to receive, process, and acknowledge all monetary contributions, in-kind donations, and sponsorship support.
- Create and sustain an efficient system for timely donor acknowledgments.
- Ensure donor management system is accurate with up to date records.
- Attend and participate in all Board and Executive Committee Meetings.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to fulfill the mission of ECHOS. Implement the vision and strategic initiatives. Participate in strategic planning with the Board of Directors.
- Work in conjunction with the Board of Directors to maintain up to date by-laws, policies, and other corporation documents to reflect the structure and mission of ECHOS.
- Communicate effectively with the Board Chair to provide appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Participate in the orientation of new Board members, as needed.
- Provide the Board of Directors with a monthly Director’s report, in advance of Board meetings.
- Meet with the Board Chair weekly, or with frequency as determined by the Executive Committee, to facilitate open communication, informed Board decision making, and Board support of the Executive Director.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budget in conjunction with the Board Finance Committee.
Maintain awareness of grant opportunities. Prepare and submit grants. Keep record of all grants submitted and an annual grant schedule.
- Provide financial management of ECHOS operations within the Board approved budget.
- Provide all relevant information to the Board Treasurer, Bookkeeper and documentation to the Auditing firm.
- Maintain all financial records. Facilitate annual audit meetings with the bookkeeper and Board Treasurer.
- Review and approve all appropriate contracts for service providers (IT, payroll, marketing, pest control, etc.)
- Facilitate annually, at the beginning of each new Fiscal Year, the appropriate additions of Officers of the Board to ECHOS bank accounts.
- Collaborate with United Churches Elizabethtown Area for all Community Place on Washington arrangements.
- On call during non-business hours for all emergencies, police interventions, and crisis situations.
Serve as the Executive Director and ECHOS liaison for ECHOS Properties Inc. and all related responsibilities.
- Lead the Elizabethtown Area HUB, representing local agencies and partners with Lancaster County funders and United Way, attending all required meetings and providing all presentations representing the collective impact partnership.
Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct all responsibilities in a safe manner according to regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.)
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Education and/or Experience
- Master of Social Work degree is required; plus 5-7 years of related field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Pennsylvania Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Experience working with homeless populations and/or people with mental illness/co-occurring behavioral health or substance abuse disorders strongly preferred. Prior experience working in housing/supporting housing programs strongly preferred.
Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check and Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance are required. FBI fingerprinting is required if applicant has not lived in Pennsylvania for the previous 10 years.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends as needed
- Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to transport individuals as needed
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Ability to set and observe appropriate boundaries with clients
- Ability to understand various operations and procedures set forth in grant funding sources
- Ability to work and communicate with staff, clients and their families, donors, vendors and community agencies with appropriate level of cooperation and assertiveness as situations demand.
- Strong working knowledge of public and private social welfare programs/services, community-based services
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to be a team player
- Creative problem-solving skills,
exceptional customer service skills, and ability to work within strict deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills (i.e. business letter writing, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent oral communication skills (i.e. ability to deal effectively with others, speak professionally on the phone, etc.)
- Familiarity with industry terms and processes
- Ability to use Empower Lancaster case management system Proficient with Microsoft®Office Suite
- Must be able to use standard office equipment, including phone, computer, printer, scanner, multi-line telephone system, copy machine, and fax machine.