Lancaster Creative Reuse
Lancaster Creative Reuse (LCR) 501(c)(3) was established in 2009 by co-founders Jeannie Zeller and Andrea Stoner Leaman. Jeannie and Andrea saw the potential in untapped supply resources, generated by both individuals and businesses, that were often destined for landfills. Located at 1865 Lincoln Highway East. Our 3,758 square foot building not only houses our retail store, but also a large donation processing area, an open crafting table, sewing room, a large meeting/classroom room, and staff offices.
LCR currently employs a staff of six (6) and manages a diverse group of 30-35 volunteers a year. This team, on average, manages 1,000 lbs of donated material per week that would have otherwise gone to a landfill. Our volunteers are an integral part of LCR and help us process donations, price product, package orders, assist with public events, and more.
Lancaster Creative Reuse is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in compliance with all applicable laws. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) and gender non-binary persons to apply. For more information visit https://www.lancastercreativereuse.org/.
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive of Lancaster Creative Reuse. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) working closely with and reporting to the Board Chair and Board of Trustees. The Executive Director provides the leadership, inspiration, and strategic direction to ensure that LCR meets and exceeds its annual and long-term goals for environmental and artistic excellence, financial sustainability, and community engagement. The Executive Director directs and administers all programs, operations and policies of LCR, supervising a staff of five as well as volunteers, while serving our diverse community of creatives, educators, youth, and the general public.
- Give direction and leadership to the formulation and achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Work with the Board of Directors and staff to develop and implement policies, procedures, policy manuals and long range strategic plans.
- Oversee administrative, financial and program operations, and all personnel matters (design of staff organizational structure, hiring and firing responsibilities, annual evaluations, etc.). Develop and maintain a team of staff in which ideas are accepted, discussed, and respected. Assist in developing the overall culture of the organization
- Manage the overall operation of Lancaster Creative Reuse store and related activities.
- Pursue and incorporate additional revenue sources through a variety of fundraising mechanisms, classes, donor, sponsorships and grant opportunities consistent with the mission statement of the organization.
- Oversee community outreach programs that are consistent to the mission of the organization.
- Maintain a strong marketing and social media presence for the organization.
- Maintain necessary documents and records for financial and tax reporting requirements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated experiences working with diverse communities and strong interpersonal skills to serve individuals and groups from a wide array of backgrounds, identities, ages, life experiences, and communication styles
- Knowledge of and experience with facilities management and retail operations, including budget oversight and accountability
- A commitment to authentic community engagement and impact through the arts and environmental awareness
- Strong technology skills including knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, and database management
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience with a minimum 3-5 years management experience
- Significant experience in retail and prior 501c3 non-profit experience strongly preferred
- Ability to consistently work scheduled hours and maintain a flexible schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to provide personal transportation
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and ACT 153 clearances
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit:
A cover letter that provides information on why you are interested in the position and a brief overview of your past experience
Three professional references
Please submit these items by email to Lancastercreativereuseboard@gmail.com with the subject line, “Executive Director Application” followed by your first and last name.