Disability Empowerment Center
Full consideration given to applications received by March 18, 2022
Apply online: https://www.decpa.org/jobs
The Disability Empowerment Center (DEC) is seeking a progressive executive, grounded in the independent living movement, who will lead the organization through transition to its next stage of growth and expansion. The purpose of DEC is to empower people with disabilities to lead self-directed lives and to promote a barrier-free community through public education and advocacy. The organization is governed and staffed by a majority of people with disabilities who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience to their work in assisting consumers.
The Executive Director is responsible for implementation of the Inclusion Policy for integration into all aspects of society, where every member of the community experiences myriad opportunities, not a multitude of barriers. The intent of the Inclusion Policy is to establish a culture of inclusion as a means of undoing marginalization as an outcome in all activities of the Disability Empowerment Center.
The Executive Director maintains administrative responsibility for all aspects of the Disability Empowerment Center’s (DEC) operation.
Reports to: DEC Board of Directors
The Executive Director:
- Develops and implements DEC’s programs and activities
- Establishes procedures consistent with agency policy
- Develops a sustainable financial portfolio
- Supervises staff, completes performance evaluations, and takes disciplinary action when necessary; hires and terminates staff as needed
- Has responsibility for all fiscal matters
- Oversees agency, individual, community, and legislative activities and coordinates these with local, state, and national groups.
- Promotes the Independent Living (IL) movement through education and community action,
- Represents DEC on committees, boards, and task forces as appropriate
- Researches available grants and prepares or supervises the preparation of grant proposals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in an appropriate field
- Masters preferred
- work experience in disability rights and the development of supports and services
- Personal experience with the disability culture and related supports
- Computer skills to include Microsoft office Suite
- Fiscal Management experience
- Supervision experience
- Good organizational skills and verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act
The Disability Empowerment Center is an equal opportunity employer. DEC does not discriminate in regard to race, creed, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. DEC has a policy of employing persons with disability, when possible.
Full consideration given to applications received by March 7, 2022
Interested Applicants please provide: Resume, Letter of interest, An example of a grant or request for funding, Three letters of reference
Apply Online: https://www.decpa.org/jobs