Power Packs Project
Power Packs Project based in Lancaster, PA, is seeking an Executive Director to lead the staff and volunteers as we fulfill our mission: “Empowering families with education and ingredients to create nutritious weekend meals, so their children return to school fed and ready to learn.”
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Power Packs Project. The ED is responsible for the development, execution and communication of the strategic plan. They must demonstrate a commitment, foresight and passion to the vision and mission of Power Packs Project, and ensure the staff does the same. This position will develop strong relationships with the community to fulfill fundraising goals and expectations while ensuring the Power Packs Project’s team delivers the highest-quality product to the community. This position will oversee the Power Packs Central Team as well as Regional Directors, and will report to the Power Packs Project Board of Directors through the Board President.
- BS or commensurate experience.
- Experience developing/executing a strategic plan.
- Demonstrated leadership/management experience.
- Proven fundraising experience.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
- Experience and thorough understanding of nonprofit business dynamics (5 years preferred).
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, and organized.
- Experience with financial management/budgeting.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the growth of Power Packs Project in Central PA and beyond which includes creating an organizational structure to support that growth.
- Fundraise to maintain the financial health and growth of Power Packs through a variety of means including, but not limited to, donations, grants and events.
- Maintain high awareness of Power Packs Project in current areas and increase awareness in newly entered regions through marketing programs and networking discipline.
- Provide leadership in order to foster a highly functional work environment built on a culture of collaboration and respect.
- Communicate strategic direction to regional directors and affiliates in order to achieve the goals outlined in the strategic plan.
- Provide oversight of programs to ensure that standards for food sourcing, food delivery and recipe quality are met while keeping expenses within acceptable parameters.
- Maintain efficiency in all operational and logistical aspects of Power Packs Project.
- Recruit, onboard and train new staff and board members.
- Preparation and achievement of annual budget.
- PTO; Holidays; Health, dental and vision insurance; Retirement plan
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm – Lancaster office hours
- Evenings and other hours as needed
- Some travel required
Please visit the website: www.powerpacksproject.org.
To apply for this excellent career opportunity, submit your resume to:
Samaritan Business Consulting
1803 Oregon Pike
Lancaster PA 17601
Attn: Executive Director at Power Packs Project