American Heart Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Executive Director located in Lancaster / Lebanon PA , covering the Lancaster and Lebanon Counties with an office located in home office based. The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of assigned development projects and fundraising revenue. This position will oversee leadership of a volunteer Board and volunteer committees as necessary to implement and successfully complete assigned development projects. Will provide coaching and supervision to 3 staff, including fundraising and administrative staff. The fundraising events in the assigned markets include Gala Heart Ball, Go Red for Women Luncheon, Heart Walk, Cycle Nation and add-on events.
The Executive Director will work closely with Community Health Director to also oversee the execution of the markets Community Health Impact strategy in the areas of hypertension, cholesterol, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. Effectively integrate population health strategies focusing on collaboration with Development, Quality & Systems Improvement, Advocacy and Communications & Marketing partners.
We are seeking an inspiring leader to drive the strategy and execution of corporate revenue and health impact goals for the market. Provides coaching and supervision for Director level staff implementing events and Community Health actions. The Executive Director will supervise staff who will lead events while adhering to specific AHA “Best Practices”.
Essential Job Duties:
- Guide and direct team to achieve event and revenue goals. Accountable for hiring, directing, training, evaluating, and terminating staff under his/her supervision.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate an annual working plan with dollar and volunteer recruitment goals, budget, and timelines for the event. Develop contingency plans, as needed to successfully complete fundraising activities.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the assigned geographic area with a documented plan to secure their involvement. Complete company goal setting worksheets and prioritizes companies by their potential.
- Guide and direct team to achieve campaign, revenue, and health impact goals.
- Develop and manage the volunteer Lancaster/Lebanon Board of Directors, consisting of top-level corporate executives.
- Create, monitor, and evaluate an annual working plan with dollar and volunteer recruitment goals, budget, and timelines for the events.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the assigned market areas and build relationships with key corporate leaders who can support initiatives.
- Responsible for staff follow-up and monitoring of assigned fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1½ years’ experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Must have at least 4+ years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a nonprofit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Must have at least 2 year of experience in a management capacity. This experience may occur within the 3-year related experience requirement. Experience gained through direct internal work on AHA projects/priorities may substitute for this requirement and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge of community organization, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to delegate and accomplish goals through volunteers.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to less than 5%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 25 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Location: Lancaster, PA