Purpose: To address agency mission by achieving program objectives in target communities. The Employment Specialist works under the supervision of the Area Manager or Employment Coordinator.
- Provide employment services to designated individuals, including, but not limited to;
- Design an appropriate Plan of Service;
- Deliver meaningful and effective pre-employment services;
- Facilitate job placement according to agency standards;
- Provide effective on-site and off-site employment supports;
- Conduct effective follow-up;
- Communicate with targeted community groups and/or individuals to maximize interest in mission and services. In addition, communicate with businesses to generate employment opportunities;
- Serve as a liaison to AHEDD’s customers;
- Maintain, compile documentation to support and justify intervention;
- Transport participants, on an as-needed-basis, to program-specific appointments;
- Utilize organizational resources to efficiently respond to program needs, including but not limited to computer and other office equipment;
- Perform other related duties as required and directed.
Qualifications & Required Behaviors
Preference to candidate with four year degree in vocational rehabilitation, human resource, or social services. Candidate must have insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to regular program assignments. Candidate must be able to respond to diverse physical demands of program assignments.
The position requires that the individual can perform the above duties in the following manner:
- Work independently, making independent judgment;
- Maintain knowledge of critical vocational rehabilitation and business information;
- Professional deportment in dress, speech, mannerisms;
- Effective communication in program mediums;
- Ethics, including honesty and practice confidentiality;
- Temperament to respond to customer relations;
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate time management
To apply, please visit our website to apply on Indeed or submit an email and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org