Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
Work Location: PGC Headquarters, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Description: The Education Coordinator (EC) works closely with the PGC Board Education Committee and the Executive Director to craft and manage the PGC’s education programming in order to provide participants with quality content and further the organization’s mission.
Programming Content & Management
- Create programming in collaboration with the Executive Director and Education Committee.
- Cultivate artist relationships to maintain a roster of instructors and administer instructor contracts and invoices.
- Create workshop budgets and schedules.
- Order workshop materials and supplies in accordance with budget and maintain records.
- Set up and organize workshop spaces. o Identify and suggest changes to update curriculum as needed.
- Maintain instructor handbook and orient all instructors.
- Oversee contracting and all needs associated with visiting artists including arranging housing and meals as needed.
- Responsible for being on site during workshops as needed to allow access and lock up.
Community Outreach & Events
- Initiate, develop and maintain partnerships and programs with local cultural and craft organizations and schools in coordination with Executive Director and Education Committee.
- Organize community education events, artist lectures and instructor appreciation event.
Marketing & Communications
- Create and manage promotion of programming including image collection, promotional materials, social media management and use of advertising budget as approved by Executive Director.
- Assist in managing the website by developing and uploading promotional content and calendars for all educational programming.
- Develop corresponding e-newsletter content.
- Maintain all communication with instructors and students including management of student registration, sending class reminders, cancellations, etc.
- Support as needed for the Fine Craft Fairs held throughout the year.
- Administer evaluations of workshop offerings through student and instructor feedback.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis of program offerings.
- Prepare monthly and yearly reports on programming for the Executive Director and Education Committee.
- The EC is expected to help in the retail store during busy times (ie. the holiday shopping season).
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience required – focus in an Arts discipline a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Multi-lingual a plus.
- Graphic design and web skills.
- Skilled in social media content and creation, promotion and management.
- Experience with on-line learning a plus.
- Able to travel for day/evening meetings and weekend events.
- Able to apply for and pass Pennsylvania Child Abuse, Criminal, and FBI Clearances within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good communicator with a team-player attitude.
- Hardworking with a hands-on style.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, insurance and full access to a vehicle.
- The EC reports to the Executive Director and is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with paid time off and a benefit allowance.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Email the following information to EXDPAGuild@gmail.com
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (Name, affiliation, phone)