- The donor care assistant is responsible for providing support to the finance department of HOPE International.
- The donor care assistant is responsible for providing support to the Finance Department of HOPE International. While working with the Donor Care Specialist, they are responsible for coordinating HOPE’s gift processing, working with the donor database to ensure new gifts are entered, distributing receipt letters, and providing appropriate and timely reports to all development representatives and operations team members as necessary. This individual will play a key part in supporting and strengthening the donor database maintenance of HOPE International, during the busy fall special event season, year-end donations, and tax receipt letter process. The Donor Care Assistant reports to the Manager of Accounting Operations and works closely with the US domestic Accounting Operations team.
- Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
Donor database responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement donation process to ensure all gifts are deposited and recorded appropriately in donor database (Salesforce)
- Assist Donor Care Specialist and Staff Accountant in performing monthly reconciliations to the accounting records during the finance month end close process
- Assist in ensuring the year-end tax receipt letters are sent to donors within the established timeframe
- Assist with preparation and mailing of donor receipt/thank you letters
- Assist with tracking and organizing information during the fall special events season at HOPE International
- Work with HOPE development representatives located throughout the US to obtain data information from HOPE special events
- Make address changes, merges, edits to donor records and add new records to the donor system
- Assist donors with making a credit card or ACH donation to HOPE International.
- Interface with key personnel in other departments (especially Development and IT) whose work directly affects the donor data management functions
- Assist with creating reports within Salesforce
- Assist with opening the daily mail
- Assist the Assistant Manager of Accounting Operations in planning for and executing special projects as needed within the accounting operations team
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Strong attention to detail; including ability and interest in database entry and ensuring quality of data input.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to interact with all levels of the organization and willingness to interact with donors via phone conversations
- Ability to balance multiple demands and deadlines with composure.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to and strengthen processes for data input, tracking and reporting.
- Experience with Excel, Outlook, Salesforce.com donor relations software is helpful, but willingness to learn and work with these software programs essential.