Linden Hall is currently looking for a Director of Advancement. This position is responsible for identifying and securing financial contributions; planning the long-term sustainable funding strategy and executable plan for the organization, building relationships with funding sources and alumnae; planning, implementing, and overseeing fundraising activities. In addition, the position is responsible for supporting the strategic messaging for the school, as well as creating a comprehensive communications and marketing plan in collaboration with C&M Coordinator. Finally, the Director oversees advancement efforts by supervising members of the Advancement Department, including the Advancement Associate and C&M Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Marketing, Public Relation strategies, activities, as well as Corporate Sponsorships. He or she will team with the HOS, other senior staff, board and committee members in developing the school plan for Communications and Marketing
- Collaborate with the Admissions office to implement C&M activities that help to increase enrollment and carry out necessary steps to build the enrollment
- Oversee fund development activities including annual giving, endowment, major gifts, foundation solicitations, special events, and planned giving. Work collaboratively with key staff to develop and implement a plan for a robust, comprehensive, and growing fund development program.
- Oversee and deliver high-quality stewardship of donors and alumnae.
- Pursue and successfully secure a combination of private and public-sector funding to support LH’s programming and service mission, including EITC and OITC funding.
- Develop and maintain active and productive relationships with staff; committee members; donors; board members; grant makers; and representatives of media.
- Provide leadership and inspiration to all LH staff and volunteers who are directly or indirectly involved in Fundraising and Marketing.
- Ensure ongoing growth in public awareness of Linden Hall, its image and brand, and its services, and expand the capacity of the institution to achieve its strategic goals in enrollment, program funding, capital support, endowment, fund growth, community and public relations, and media attention.
- Oversee the alumnae program to ensure engagement with the School.
- Work closely with the HOS and Administrative team members and members of the Board to identify gaps in Marketing and fund development and implement plans for a comprehensive fund development program that meets the short-term and long-term funding requirements of the School.
- Develop and submit program reports to funding sources.
- Implement the Marketing and development plan/strategy to meet annual targets/measures adopted by Linden Hall.
- Manage Donor Acknowledgement appreciation and recognition programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- A minimum of five years of successful fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector
- Proven record of successful fundraising, particularly in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to work on multiple projects in an advancement operation and meet frequent deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to be a vocal and visible advocate for Linden Hall
- Ability to engage all stakeholder groups through exceptional interpersonal communication.
- Proven ability to build, manage, and nurture a talented and strong advancement team;
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, financial, and operational tasks and projects;
Interested candidates should email Human Resources email@example.com Please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying for this position.