HOPE’s digital designer helps promote HOPE’s mission by creating memorable user experiences for those looking to learn more about and get involved with Christ-centered poverty alleviation. This role focuses on digital creative asset production for HOPE’s web platforms, email strategies, promotional campaigns, events, and more. Working with the digital design and multimedia assistant manager and other teammates in graphic design, content, and project management, this role helps meet HOPE’s branding, marketing, and organizational goals. This role is a key member of HOPE’s marketing team and possesses strong digital design, frontend/backend development, and coding/programming skills, with a focus on creativity and customer facing interactions.
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines.
- Ensure HOPE International’s Christ-centeredness is present and clear in each piece produced.
- Digital design and development
- Enable HOPE to provide engaging and effective invitations and updates via email to a variety of stakeholder groups by specializing in the craft of email production. Design personalized, segmented, and visually appealing emails, invitations, and automations.
- Help optimize front-end/back-end development of HOPE’s digital properties in collaboration with marketing management and other key stakeholders.
- Implement the digital expressions of HOPE’s brand in all web and email design and digital campaign execution, in partnership with teammates in graphic design and content.
- Design for optimal usability, high conversion, and smooth user experience, building toward a cohesive and successful customer journey across a range of devices. Identify problems, recommend implementations, and execute UX solutions. Evaluate and implement new technologies when they serve this purpose.
- In partnership with other teammates, incorporate insights from performance analytics to continually improve effectiveness of digital communications. Continually support strategies to test and monitor multiple approaches to provide more key insights.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- High degree of technical and design proficiency related to email and web design and development
- Strong visual/graphic design skills and use of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of modern web design standards, best practices and UI/UX design principles
- Knowledge of hand-coded, standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with mass email services such as Mailchimp, Constant Contract or Marketing Cloud
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, effective time management, and prioritization of competing demands
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Passion for digital design and keeping up with emerging technologies related to email and web design – loves pushing pixels and clean code
- Strong digital design portfolio (must provide URLs)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in web design, graphic design or related degree. (1 or more years of professional experience in web design or related field preferred)