Appell Center for the Performing Arts
The Development Manager is responsible for the implementation of the membership program, planned giving initiatives as well as grant writing for annual fund and special project needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Membership and Individual Giving:
- Develops and implements strategies to grow and sustain membership giving, including new member prospecting and current member retention. Oversees entire solicitation and stewardship process
- Implements special giving appeals including holiday campaign, Giving Tuesday, Give Local York
- Prepares and monitors annual fund budget
- Develops plans and manages member cultivation events
- Drafts copy and proofreads communications and materials
- Oversees annual donor lists and other donor recognition programs
- Works closely with Development Assistant to conduct regular audits of development database procedures and ensure that procedures are streamlined and updated
- Lead grant writer for Cultural Alliance, foundation, government, education and special projects grants.
- Responsible for researching grant opportunities and suggesting possibilities.
- Works with Director of Development and relevant staff to create grant strategy and gather timelines, measures of impact and other necessary information.
- Develops and implements strategies to grow and sustain planned giving initiatives, including donor prospecting, education and recognition. Oversees marketing, solicitation and stewardship process.
Other Duties as assigned.
The Development Manager is expected to work at all member/donor events, Strand Theatre events where Donor Lounge is open, as well as other selected events in Strand and Capitol Theatres (40-50 nights per year approx.).
Critical Success Factors
The critical success factors listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
- Willingness and ability to ask people for monetary donations
- Project management skills with proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
Education and Experience
- Education: B.A. degree or Higher
- Three or more years of Development/fund raising experience in a non-profit organization, including grant writing
Send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.