American Heart Association (AHA)
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. This position is a full-time position.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director in the Lancaster / Lebanon PA area in our Eastern States Region. This position will be Home Office based and covering the territory of Lancaster and Lebanon. The Development Director is responsible for achieving revenue generation goals by utilizing established AHA best practices. Ensures appropriate volunteer leadership is recruited and developed. This will include solicitation of large dollar and multi-year corporate sponsorships, individual donor cultivation, team captain and chair recruitment, volunteer committee recruitment, auction procurement of multiple events throughout the year (including Heart Walk, Gala Heart Ball, Go Red for Women luncheon & Auction, and other events). Manages and mobilizes company recruitment to participate with Heart Walk teams. The Director will be held accountable to an overall aggressive fundraising goal to advance the AHA Mission. Executes high quality events in accordance with AHA standards and in collaboration with team.
The main accountability of the Development Director is to drive revenue for the mission of the AHA.
- Research, identify, and acquire companies as participants and potential teams for the AHA events. Build relationships with corporate partners and volunteers to retain and upgrade their financial commitment.
- Prioritize current corporate customers into A, B, C and based on employees, current financial support, and relationship with the American Heart Association. Engage, recruit, and mobilize CEOs, corporate leaders, and community leaders to serve on volunteer leadership committees and chair the event to ensure fundraising and health outcome success. This includes inspiring personal and corporate giving of volunteer leaders.
- Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and company teams. This includes managing existing and new sponsorships, renewal, and deepening engagement via frequent face-to-face meetings to retain and upgrade their financial commitment.
- Manage existing and new sponsorships and relationships to achieve market campaign goals through the cultivation, stewardship, renewal, and deepening engagement via frequent face-to-face meetings to retain and upgrade their financial commitment, according to timeline and business plan.
- Recruit and manage executive volunteer leadership, volunteer committees, and day of the event timeline and business plan. Leads volunteer recruitment and engagement with c-suite executive and manager level volunteers.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the metro area with a documented plan to secure their involvement.
- Manage and engage new individual membership for our personal giving society, in partnership with other appropriate fundraising staff. Includes planning and executing regular engagement events for members. Develop annual stewardship and cultivation for donors in the Society. Provide collaborative guidance as able to the materials across social events in the market as well to mirror Association messaging.
- Maintain timely communication with all staff at local and affiliate levels. Responsible for staff follow-up and monitoring of assigned fundraising activities. Work closely with the Communications Director to develop and manage a promotion and communications plan.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s or some college plus experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1½ years’ experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
- Knowledge of community organization, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations, and similar narrative pieces.
- Knowledge of forming strategic alliances/partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies or similar type organizations.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% in your local market and overnight travel up to 0%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Compensation & Benefits
Employees scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in the medical, dental, and vision plans the first of the month following 30 days of service. AHA subsidizes the medical and dental cost to ensure benefits are affordable. Eligible dependents under AHA’s group benefit plans include legal spouse, domestic partner, children under the age of 26 or who are disabled. AHA offers additional benefits like an EAP, telehealth benefit for general medical and behavioral health, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability.
Retirement Plans: AHA retirement plans offer employees a way to start saving after their first paycheck. The retirement plans provide employer contributions after two years of service. If you have previous 501(c)(3) non-profit experience, within the last 5 years, at a national health agency, an institution of higher learning or a medical institution, that experience may count towards the two-year waiting period. Employees are 100% vested in employee and employer contributions.
Paid Days Off: Regular full-time and part-time employees earn Paid Time Off (PTO) based on years of service. PTO begins accruing on date of hire. Full time employees receive one paid Community Service time off day per year and are encouraged to participate in projects, programs and organizations which contribute to the health and vitality of their communities. AHA also offers 12 paid holidays per year.
Leaves of Absence: AHA offers both Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits which replace earnings if you are unable to work due to a non-work-related illness or injury. Employees are eligible for Short Term Disability after 90 days of service and are eligible for Long Term Disability after being disabled for 90 days or more. Eligible employees can take up to 12 weeks off of work for a qualified leave of absence under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), intermittent FMLA leaves and leave as an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (7/13/2021 11:14 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-6551
Job Family Group Fundraising
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations US-PA-Lebanon
Location: Lancaster, PA