The Commonwealth Foundation
The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and committed individual to support our development team. The Development Coordinator will work daily with the Director of Development and the Chief Innovation Officer & Vice President.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and will be based in either our Philadelphia or Harrisburg office.
- Scheduling external meetings with investors and prospective investors
- Preparing materials for meetings by gathering packets of information on donors
- Drafting, developing, and maintaining correspondence (emails, TY letters, etc.) and documentation, paying special attention to replicating the tone and voice of the CIO & VP
- Driving preparation of presentations for internal and external audiences
- Managing monthly expense reimbursements for President and CIO & VP
- Ensuring donor database is always updated, logging relevant information and keeping detailed notes of all investor correspondence and information
- Proactively booking travel and accommodations, presenting a wide array of options for each trip
- Develop and implement process improvement with Director of Development and CIO & VP
- Assist with running high-quality donor events
- Some travel required, less than 5%
- Demonstrated passion for fundraising with at least one year of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated office experience in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic, supported by commitment to exceptional work quality;
- The ability to handle high-pressured situations with grace and calmness;
- Character, integrity, kindness, industriousness and an all-around great colleague;
- Discretion and trustworthiness when dealing with confidential information;
- Organized, adaptable, detail-oriented, with superior time management and troubleshooting/conflict resolution skills;
- High level of emotional intelligence to properly engage with a broad variety of professionals, with sometimes competing priorities, and able to navigate and negotiate positive outcomes with a focus on the mission of the organization;
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and databases;
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF
- Monthly stipend for health care
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology
- Matching 403b retirement plan up to 4%
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
- Please include “Development Coordinator, CF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.