Position Description: The Development and Event support position joins the Lancaster Conservancy’s Community Impact Department in efforts to raise annual funds through meetings, appeals, and events while also helping to coordinate the organizations 50th Anniversary Protect & Restore campaign.
Priorities include the building and maintenance of a major gift prospect/donor database, scheduling and planning logistics for donor meetings, preparing proposals and presentation materials, producing minutes, planning and executing campaign special events, campaign reporting, timely communications with campaign volunteers, and donor stewardship/gift acknowledgements.
This individual will work out of our corporate headquarters in Lancaster PA as part of the administrative team to support and advance the Conservancy’s overall development efforts. Hourly range $15-20 per hour, with benefits, negotiable based on experience.
- Work proactively with the Conservancy President, SR VP of Community Impact, and Community Impact Department to provide services to assist in cultivating, planning and requesting philanthropic support for the Conservancy.
- Coordinate the 50th Anniversary Protect & Restore campaign in partnership with the SR VP of Community Impact, Campaign Volunteers, Campaign Consultants, and other Staff.
- Conduct prospect research and assemble donor proposals, set up cultivation meetings, and prepare community presentations.
- Provide overall administrative support including schedule management, activity and deadline reminders/tracking, report and proposal preparations, meeting agendas, minutes and materials and appropriate and timely donor acknowledgements.
- Assist the SR VP of Community Impact in marketing and executing a comprehensive program to secure endowment, deferred, and planned gifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with Community Impact Department, as well as volunteers, event committees and vendors, to plan and implement successful fundraising and donor events to raise both annual funds and funds for the Protect & Restore campaign.
- Assist as needed with logistics and support for additional engagement and community events.
- Passion for the environment and land conservation
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment especially during event execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Extreme attention to details and goal oriented
- Must be able to occasionally move up to 20 pounds, traverse uneven ground up to 2 miles, and work outdoors in exposed conditions.
- Evening and weekend work is occasionally required
- This position must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of related fundraising experience OR five or more years of demonstrated success in non-profit fundraising and development.
To apply, send cover letter and resume by November 30 to Faith DeJong at email@example.com