Good Samaritan Services
This position is a non-exempt hourly wage position with a flexible schedule. The role requires
the person to assist the development staff and development related committees with duties
essential to helping the organization fulfill its budget and administrative objectives.
Non-profit fundraising requires passion for the mission of the organization, and a willingness to
communicate the mission to others. Appreciating the work of Good Samaritan Services as a
whole, and recognizing and cherishing the lives of those whose lives are improved by this work,
our development staff can be instruments of tremendous positive change in the lives of hundreds
of people every year. To do this, we work as a team to fund the organization. Each piece of the
development team is essential, and highly prized.
General Support to the Development Office
• Supports social media content on an as needed basis
• Communicates and maintains relationships with printers, such as but not limited to:
communicating with printers, submitting updated materials to printed
• Assists Development and Communications Coordinator on an as needed basis on
maintaining and supporting the GSS website
• Proofreading emails, blog posts, printed mailings, etc.
• Evaluates email marketing contact lists, unsubscribes and bounces
• Perform other duties as assigned by CEO or Development Staff, such as: contacting
donors via email, soliciting in-kind donations, updating contact reports, tracking event
Development Office Infrastructure
• Manages and ensure maintenance and accuracy of donor database including but not
limited to: all data entry on donor records is accurate, capturing notes as connections are
made, queries and reports run in donor database as needed. The Development
Administrative Assistant will be expected to be very knowledgeable with the donor
• Tracks and records donor visits and contacts made (i.e. phone, email, notes, and meetings)
within donor database for both CEO & Development Staff
• Manages the acknowledgment programs such as thank you letters, birthday cards, prayer
cards and phone calls
• Captures and records new donors and lapsed donors for Board tracking report
• Entering non-cash and third party donations into the donor database
• Create monthly donor report to be shared with CEO
• Prepare quarterly report for CEO of donations received last year for the upcoming quarter
• Reconcile monthly credit card statements for Development Staff
• Works with the Development Staff to make sure volunteer information is captured in
donor database and flagged with appropriate interests, clearances, forms and all other
relevant information is captured.
Staff Care Committee
• Oversees and leads the Staff Care Committee to ensure all participants are acknowledging
their teams milestones and birthdays
General Support to the CEO
• Duties assigned by the CEO
▪ Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and have access to an automobile
▪ Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board
members, donors, and administrators
▪ Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
▪ Time management skills
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
▪ Ability to work independently (proactive) and as part of a team
▪ Excellent computer skills
▪ After hiring the Development Coordinator will be trained in the use of passive restraints and
cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), First Aid.
▪ Provide proof of auto insurance.
▪ Signed Commitment to Excellence statement.