Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative (LFFC) is a nonprofit organic farmers’ cooperative of over 100 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high-quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small-scale family farms. LFFC serves all of Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, and most of the tri-state area by connecting the farmer and customer; delivering the best local organic produce, value added products, and humanely raised and pastured animal products to retail establishments, co-ops, restaurants, and institutions.
The Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Communications Coordinator is the primary contact for all site hosts within LFFC’s CSA program. This is a key role that helps create new partnerships with individuals, businesses and organizations that would like to host our CSA program, while also supporting existing relationships between site hosts and the coop. Their primary function is to expand our CSA network and establish new CSA communities/locations, as well as provide our hosts and communities with a seamless and enjoyable experience throughout each season.
- Outreach to seek out new CSA sites and programs, and to build on existing partnerships to help expand our CSA network
- Work with site hosts daily to build positive and long-lasting relationships, and to provide an experience in which they feel welcomed, linked to the coop, and encouraged to help tie their communities to local agriculture and organic small farms
- Help problem solve concerns and issues typically related to delivery, product or other shareholder and host needs
- Keep hosts and shareholders informed of coop scheduling changes including CSA season starts, stops, holidays, delivery route changes and more
- Work within LFFC systems to maintain accurate and current information surrounding hosts and the details of their pick-up locations
- Help provide excellent support to the LFFC CSA community
- Be a part of a team of LFFC staff contributing to CSA newsletters, informational emails, and marketing campaigns
- Attend CSA events in support of CSA locations or the coop as a whole
- High School education
- Administrative experience preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft products preferred
- Ability to be detailed oriented, to work independently and to be thorough with excellent follow through.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Understands and retains directions
- Excellent reading/writing skills
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and customers
- Use advanced problem-solving techniques
- Organize and set priorities
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive and friendly manner
- Ability to interact with co-workers in a positive and friendly manner
- Must be 18 years of age or older