Manheim Community Library
Manheim Community Library seeks a part-time Community Relations Coordinator to coordinate Library publicity and provide leadership for major development activities. Duties include preparing and distributing promotional materials; maintaining the Library’s online presence and website; as well as managing the Library’s donor database, mailing lists and recognition activities. Assist the Trustees in preparing for major development campaigns including creation of direct mailings and benefit events. Assist in preparation of grant proposals. Coordinate public relations activities with the idea of helping the Library grow into a strong vital community resource.
Experience in public programming and operations, media, public relations, marketing and advertising is desirable. Ability to use Canva, Facebook, Mail Chimp, and WordPress is a plus. Excellent communication skills, knowledge of word processing, and digital media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress, Mail Chimp) required.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Community Relations Coordinator
Job Summary: The Community Relations Coordinator will coordinate library publicity, prepare and distribute promotional materials, maintain the library’s website and social media presence, and assist in cultivating donors.
Part-time position, approximately 25 hours per week, including days, evenings, and an occasional Saturday.
- Lead development activities for the library
- Oversee donor database
- Execute direct mail and email campaigns
- Assist in preparation of grant proposals
- Play a major role in planning, publicizing and organizing benefit events
- Act as a liaison to the Friends of the Library
- Act as a liaison to Community Groups
- Keeps informed of Community Events and activities through the local press and maintains contacts with as many community and business groups as possible. Seeking and evaluating possible community partnerships.
- Research opportunities and possible partnerships as approved by Director
- Coordinate public relations activities including:
- Act as liaison with news media
- Coordinate submission of information to news media
- Maintain news coverage and archive historical milestones
- Assist in creating brochures, flyers, signs, posters, calendars and displays for library events
- Manage library website and social media presence
- Experience in public programming and operations, media, public relations and advertising is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technology skills, including experience with photo editing and graphic software, Microsoft Office, internet, social media platforms, web page editors, email marketing platforms
- Able to meet deadlines and be self-directed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with members of the organization and the community
- Promotes the mission and goals of the organization
- Experience with Little Green Light or other fundraising software a plus
The above job description is not intended as, nor should be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.