Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic (HDC)
Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic (HDC) is currently seeking a Community Manager to manage Deer Lake and Willow Ridge Apartments in Lebanon, PA and Hershey, PA.
Since its founding in 1971, HDC has dedicated itself to providing and expanding quality housing opportunities for those with modest incomes. HDC is a non-profit company engaged in real estate development and management. We strive to meet the affordable housing needs in the communities we serve and believe that all people deserve safe, affordable housing.
Role Description:Responsible for effectively managing all operational functions relating to designated properties in Dauphin County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advertises and shows current and impending property vacancies; screens and recommends potential resident customers to Compliance Department.
- Notifies resident customers of approvals and completes all necessary documentation requirements within specified deadlines.
- Conducts and documents Resident Move-In process to ensure new residents safely and effectively move into residence; follows up to ensure satisfaction with arrangements.
- Collects and processes rent payments with banks.
- Uses a property management system (Yardi) to monitor the condition of designated properties, identify needed repairs/maintenance (both regular and emergency), and track issue resolution via work orders. Keeps all customers apprised of repair/maintenance matters.
- Manages properties to effectively meet or exceed the property performance standards.
- Re-certifies annually all residents and completes necessary documentation.
- Issues late notices for non-payment of rents; collaborates with residents to become current in rent payment status; decides and uses eviction process to remove residents for non-payment of rent.
- Recommends eviction of residents to District Manager for matters other than non-payment of rent.
- Prepares for and hosts various property audits/inspections (PHFA, REAC); takes necessary actions to resolve any issues identified by audits/inspections.
- Complies with all Fair Housing and regulatory requirements.
- Arrives on scene and serves as property liaison with other agencies for emergency situations (fire, flood, etc.)
- Manages Maintenance Technician and Office Assistant
- High School graduation required; college course/degree completion preferred.
- Previous managerial role and experience (2 years minimum) required.
- Previous property management experience preferred.
- Current Real Estate license preferred; if not must be able to successfully obtain license within the first year of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive employee relationships within all locations.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competent proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time