Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County
The Community Health Resource Coordinator (CHRC) serves as a liaison between Lancaster Health Center (LHC), social services, and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. The CHRC’s primary role is to build individual and community capacity by increasing empowerment and awareness through a range of activities. In addition, the CHRC will cultivate partnerships to strategically address the six Social Determinants of Health to ensure continued quality of life and economic empowerment. The CHRC will address immediate, short-term crises aligned with the Social Determinants of Health with a person-centered approach that empower individuals. The person or family being served is the leader, and the CHRC’s role is to serve, support, and guide that leader in reaching greater levels of stability. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the initiative with LHC and create systems and experiences to meet the objectives of the program and partnership on both a macro and micro level.
- Research and implement best practices for the program with a specific focus on the six Social Determinants of Health.
- Facilitate/ connect/participate in interdisciplinary team meetings to include community supports, health care professionals, and others as appropriate.
- Foster positive working relationships with health facility administration and staff.
- Connect to other community programs to ensure viable partnerships are developed to enhance program delivery.
- Explore innovative strategies for engagement (i.e. multi-generational approach).
- Provide on-site supportive services where possible in a dignified and respectful manner, and advocate for/assist customers in self-advocacy wherever necessary, especially in other programs in Lancaster’s social service network. Provide ongoing referrals to social services.
- Utilize Empower Lancaster to gather data and conduct assessments that matches the person and/or family with the right resources at the right time.
- Provide assistance in navigating any obstacles to resources or services of other organizations or businesses, including advocating for customers, helping them to be document ready, assisting with time management, organizational, and financial skills.
- Maintain current and accurate records and case notes of the person or family being served including any goals that customer has set to obtain.
- Develop and maintain a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community. Participate in Navigation meetings and ongoing professional Development including DVS 40 hour training, Community Health Worker Trainings, Mandated reporter, trainings as needed for LHC, etc.
- Write and speak passionately and informatively on the importance of ending poverty.
- Provide for the confidentiality of protected customer and program information.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with minimum of two years’ experience
- Experience working with low income families and community services, preferred
- Experience working with health care professionals, preferred
- Proven track record of maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with clients, customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to treat clients, co-workers and public in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
- Ability to develop a sense of community with staff, program participants and volunteers
- Ability to remain calm and focused in the face of other people’s distress
- Ability to develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community
- Valid PA driver’s license must possess vehicle and be able to travel to various locations throughout Lancaster County. Has valid insurance and full time use of a vehicle
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including occasional nights and weekends based on customers’ availability
- Must obtain FBI, Child Abuse and PA State Police clearances before starting work
- Perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisory personnel